Skip to content
Aftercare Manager – Beeston
An excellent opportunity has arisen in our Construction division for a Aftercare Manager to join our team at our Head Office in Beeston.
As a Aftercare Manager, you will have full responsibility for managing all projects following Practical Completion to Certificate of Making Good Defects
This is a full time role at 40 hours per week. Our standard office hours are currently 8am-5pm.
- • Work with the J Tomlinson Construction Project Team to agree the hand over process in line with established systems.
• Embed a ‘Soft Landing’ philosophy for the client on all newly completed projects
• Attend witness testing and demonstration days with the client team to understand the operation of the building prior to Practical Completion.
• Attend a hand over meeting from Construction Team following Practical completion. The ethos to be followed is that the Construction Team will hand the project to the Aftercare Manager substantially defect free.
• Establish a communication process with the client team for notifying any defects that arise within the defects (normally twelve months) period.
• Maintain an established system for logging all defects and their current status
• Manage the rectification of all defects. Substantially these will be all Sub-Contract defects working with a broad range of stake holders including clients, building users and building maintainers
• Manage the Maintenance Operative who will report directly to the Aftercare Manager
• Maintain regular communication with the client team and arrange three monthly update meetings to agree the status of any defects that may have arisen and to make sure they are being ‘closed out’ within agreed timescales
• Communicate with the Project Quantity Surveyor & Contracts Manager to ensure that any costs incurred during the defect period are notified and allocated to the appropriate sub-contractor
• Provide a monthly status report to the Senior Management Team for all projects
• Manage the End of Defects inspection with the client team and agree a final schedule of defects. Close out this schedule of defects within an agreed timeline
• Once all defects have been completed arrange Certificate of Making Good Defects from the client team
• To take responsibility for leading a ‘learning culture’ and improving Quality Standards with the Construction & Design & Build teams
- Decision Making – Uses sound judgement to make timely and effective decisions
- Managing Performance – Monitors performance, providing feedback for improvement when needed using established systems including JTL SHEQ processes
- Resource Management – Administers orders to maximise productivity and efficiency;
- Financial Acumen – Demonstrates keen insight and application of financial policies and procedures;
- Problem Solving – Ability to identify solutions given available information
- Service Orientation – Excellent communication skills. Creates customer loyalty through courteous, timely and helpful service
- H&S Qualification – CITB SMSTS certificate or equivalent
- Asbestos Awareness
- CDM Regulations
- CSCS card – Manager
- UK Driving Licence
- First Aid
What We Offer
In return we offer a competitive salary depending on experience and qualifications. We also offer attractive benefits that include pension and life assurance, company mobile, laptop and car or car allowance.
How to Apply
To apply for this role please ensure that you fit the eligibility criteria above. Send your cv and a covering letter to the form below. We look forward to hearing from you.
Due to a high volume of applications we receive we regret that we cannot respond to everyone and may only contact you if your application is successful.
J Tomlinson is proud to be recognised as a Disability Confident Committed employer. We are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.