J Tomlinson is a family-owned business and began as an electrical contracting business in the 1950s. The company has grown and expanded considerably over the past 60 years, and are experts in delivering integrated building solutions, from design and build through to refurbishment and repair. We were recently named Company of the Year at the 2017 Nottingham Post Business Awards as a testament to our success and social values, and believe heavily in placing our people, customers, and the communities we work within the heart of everything we do. Due to our continued success and on-going commitment to providing a world-class service to our customers, we are looking to recruit a Domestic Gas Contracts Manager.
An excellent opportunity has arisen for an experienced Domestic Gas Contracts Manager to join our team in Beeston, Nottingham. A Domestic Gas Contracts Manager is responsible for monitoring, supervising and ensuring the delivery of all aspects of day-to-day repairs, programmed servicing and minor works.
• Ensure the successful delivery of all work, document failures, ensure resolution efforts are recorded, assess failure trends and re-occurrences, recommend, develop and implement failure rectification and prevention plans. Install & conduct continuous improvement programmes.
• Where possible, using consolidated work information, create effective working patterns and programmes of work for Live and Failed jobs.
• Enable business achievement of KPI’s by monitoring resource requirements; ensure full complement in order to meet client and business needs and expectations, including communicating and co-operating with companywide escalations.
• Manage, monitor, supervise and co-ordinate the logical planning, execution, and completion of works to promote commercial benefits and ensure continuity and maximum efficiency. Install cost reductions and present budgetary planning.
• Provide technical expertise on operations and related services.
• Provide the necessary training in order that work in distinct area will be performed correctly and appropriately. Ensure workplace under control is safe and without risk to health and that the behaviour of all persons in the workplace is safe and without risk to health.
• Ensure understanding and compliance to company Health and Safety, Human Resources, Environmental and Commercial policies, procedures, practices and legislation.
• Liaise with client representatives ensuring all work orders correctly reflect the scope and priority of the job required.
• Assist the Operations Manager with ownership of managed processes, ensure compliance, demonstrate pro-active development and implementation of new and revised procedures, processes flow charts and training plans.
• Analyse quality progress reports, assess trends and repeated failure issues, identify resolution and prevention strategies.
• Oversee the supervision of Site Managers, which includes work allocation, risk management, training, and problem resolution; evaluates performance and makes recommendations for personnel actions; motivates employees to achieve peak productivity and performance.
• Plan all work and ensure that programmes are produced in accordance with company planning procedures.
• Ensure thorough efficiency and equality of resource allocation, highlighting low levels of demand and reschedule plans to facilitate demand spikes to work throughout all Service Delivery teams, on request.
• Prepare and communicate risk assessments, method statements and related tool box talks for operatives use in order to ensure safe methods of work at all times.
• Participate in Out of Hours response, and any other services within the client core contract.