Due to increasing works within our Repairs & Maintenance division, an excellent opportunity has arisen for Domestic Gas Engineers to join our team in the Midlands area to carry out day to day responsive & planned repairs for gas appliances, central heating & domestic water systems work within your department. The individual will also need to ensure high levels of customer satisfaction and achieving high levels of first time fix in line with key performance indicators.
This will be a permanent position at 40 hours per week. You will be required to be a part of a call out rota and may be required to work occasional nights and weekends. DBS checks will be a mandatory requirement before commencing work.
As a Domestic Gas Engineer your core responsibilities will involve:
• Undertaking all heating gas & water repairs to the system this includes draining down and replacing any component contained within that system at the time of the first visit or any subsequent visit; appropriate time will be allowed for this works.
• Undertaking a gas appliance service/smoke alarm service at the time of repair visit; where instructed.
• Source appropriate materials, where instructed.
• Manage and keep an accurate record of your van stock.
• Surveying of works, where instructed.
• Work on the Departmental / Company call out rota to cover all contracts within the department / company; calls will be issued based upon geographical location.
• Ensure the safe keeping of all company equipment and it is used and maintained in an appropriate manner & all problems / defects are reported in line with procedures.
• Ensure all work is carried out to a high quality, is technically correct, and is in line with Company, Client and manufacturing requirements.
• Any instances of poor or unsafe working should be reported to the Gas Supervisor and/or Contracts Manager.
• Ensure that all customers are treated in a professional and courteous manner.
• Ensure that all work records are correctly completed and are submitted daily.
• Ensure that all the Company image is professionally portrayed by ensuring corporate uniform is always worn and is well presented, ID badges are displayed, and Company vehicles are clean.
• Provide emergency out-of-hours cover as required.
• Ensure full compliance with the Company Health & Safety Policy and all current legislation.
The ideal candidate must have:
• Plumbing Apprenticeship or NVQ 2 Domestic Plumbing or equivalent
• CCN1, CENWAT, CKR1, HTR1 Domestic Gas
• Gas Safe Card
• Asbestos Awareness
• Full UK Driving Licence
Previous experience within the domestic gas industry is required.
Abilities (Skills, Behaviours):
• Decision Making – Uses sound judgement to make timely and effective decisions;
• Service Orientation – Creates customer loyalty through courteous, timely and helpful service;
• Communication – Communicates effectively and appropriately, listens sensitively, adapts communication to audience and fosters effective communication with others
• Safety – Follows safety precautions and displays safe on-the-job behaviour.
• Following Procedures – Adheres to directions, policies and/or legal guidelines.
• Driven – self-motivated and driven to work independently where required.
What We Offer
In return we offer a competitive salary that will be dependent upon your experiences and qualifications. We also offer attractive benefits that include pension and life assurance, company van, tablet and phone.
How to Apply
To apply for this role please ensure that you fit the eligibility criteria above. Send your cv and a covering letter to the form below. We look forward to hearing from you.
Due to a high volume of applications we receive we regret that we cannot respond to everyone and may only contact you if your application is successful.
J Tomlinson is proud to be recognised as a Disability Confident Committed employer. We are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.