Skip to content
Mechanical Working Supervisor
Due to continued growth in our Facilities Management Division we are seeking a Mechanical Working Supervisor who is passionate about excellent service to work on one of our premier client contracts around the West Midlands
This will be a permanent position at 40 hours per week working 8 hours per day based from sites across the South-Central Region. The successful candidate will be required to carry out a mandatory DBS check.
Core Responsibilities include:
- Lead and manage a high-performance team through the application of good people management principles and practices.
- Quotations being put together and submitting to the clients
- To promote a safe working environment and monitor the companies Health and Safety system on site.
- Carry out monthly WIP and van stock checks including condition of plant and equipment.
- Complete inspections on the supply chain and overview their systems and report any non-compliance.
- Report to line manager about allocation and level of resources required to complete the works.
- Assist in organising a call out rota and weekend working, and if required, participate in supervising the work.
- Ensure that operatives working on contracts are correctly equipped and wearing corporate uniform, displaying ID badges, adhering to the site safety manual and are working in the appropriate manner.
- Checking quality of work at times of site visits and reporting any poor workmanship to the manager, using the appropriate inspection form.
- Supervise operatives to deliver contract requirements, including planning workloads, monitoring the quality of work and directing work so that it is completed within the contract timescales.
- Assist the monitoring, evaluation and control of the performance of all allocated labour resources on site and report to the contracts manager.
- Review with the contracts manager the calibre of operatives, including identifying strengths and weaknesses, identifying training needs and where management action is necessary.
- Monitor and directly control the use of other resources including materials, plant, vehicles and mobile phones etc.
- Liaise with the client and keep them informed of any delays in completing works.
- Ensuring all works are undertaken without risk to safety or the environment and fully compliant with legislation and company procedures whilst remaining commercially viable.
- Undertaking planned maintenance and reactive calls to a wide range of commercial electrical installations, including fault diagnosis and investigation.
- Undertaking basic multi trade activities on mechanical and building fabric.
- Ensuring the highest levels of customer satisfaction.
- Ensuring all paperwork is fully completed in line with company procedures, legislative requirements and industry standards.
- Participating in the call out rota.
- Some infrequent work away from home and overtime.
- Any other duties commensurate with the level of the post.
- UK Driving Licence as you’ll need to be able to commute around the South Central Region.
- Experienced gained on commercial properties including aged equipment and installations
- Experience in all aspects of mechanical works
- Experience in building fabric works
- Resource Management – Co-ordinate people and materials to maximise productivity and efficiency
- Safety – Follow safety precautions and displays safe on-the-job behaviour
- Managing Conflict – Manage hostility between individuals or groups when disagreements occur;
- Motivating Others – Foster energy for, and provides direction towards, organisational goals;
- Planning / Organising – Coordinate and directs routine activities effectively
- Communication – Ability to listen to the concerns and needs of others and relay information accordingly.
- Asbestos Awareness
- At least 5 years’ experience within the repair and maintenance sector.
- C&G Plumbing qualification
- Unvented hot water systems
- Full UK Driving Licence
- CITB Site Supervisor safety training scheme (SSSTS) or SMSTS
- Legionella ACOP L8
Apply for this Job
What We Offer
In return we offer a competitive salary that will be dependent upon your experiences and qualifications. We also offer attractive benefits that include pension and life assurance and a company vehicle
Apply For This Job
If you wish to apply for this position, please ensure you fit the criteria above. Please send a CV and covering letter stating why you would be an excellent candidate for the role to email@example.com
Due to a high volume of applications we receive we regret that we cannot respond to everyone and may only contact you if your application is successful.
J Tomlinson is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.