Due to continued growth within our Facilities Management Department we are seeking 2 x Multi Skilled Joiners that will be required to carry out accurate and high-quality works fulfilling the contract needs across Worcester/Warwickshire/Hereford.
This will be a full time and permanent position at 40 hours per week. Working hours will be 7.00am – 4.00pm or 8.00am –5.00pm and will require you to be part of a call out rota which means out of hours work will be required. The role will be based around multiple locations across Worcester/Warwickshire/Hereford. The successful candidate will be subject to a mandatory DBS/CRB check before commencing works.
Core Responsibilities include:
- Surveying work as requested by CM & working supervisor
- Use best/safe practices on all tasks carried out in line with company policy
- Carry out any required checks on company equipment in line with company policy
- Be able to work as part of a team or on own when required – when working alone you must maximise the use of your own time
- Ensuring when working on any job that correct permits and relevant paperwork is completed prior to starting, throughout the job and upon completion if required
- Relay any H&S breaches or issues to working supervisor or line manager
- Be part of a planned works delivery team delivering capital projects
- Working alongside contractors on planned works – ensuring contractors are adhering to our H&S policy & their own MS & RA
- Carry out monthly van stock checks including checking condition of plant, equipment and vehicle.
- Report to working supervisor or line manager about changes to projects in terms of value, timeframe or delivery
- Checking quality of work at times of site visits and reporting any poor workmanship to the manager, using the appropriate quality inspection form.
- Monitor and advise on the use of other resources including materials, plant, vehicles and mobile phones etc.
- Monitor the implementation of health and safety requirements, taking appropriate action and reporting non-compliance to the Working supervisor / Contract Manager.
- Liaise with the client and keep them informed of any delays in competing major works.
- Carry out any other ad-hoc duties within responsibility which include but are not limited to monthly van inspections, WIP’s, HS02’s & TBT where required.
The ideal candidate must have:
NVQ level 2 or City and Guilds in Joinery
At least 3 years’ experience within the construction industry
Full UK driving licence.
Experience within Joinery, alongside another trade.
Experience within the domestic sector.
Safety – Follows safety precautions and displays safe on-the-job behaviour.
Service Orientation – Creates customer loyalty through courteous, timely, and helpful service.
Following Procedures – Adheres to directions, policies and/or legal guidelines.
Stress Tolerance – Handles pressure without getting upset, moody or anxious.
Planning / Organising – Coordinates and directs routine activities effectively.
Communication – ability to listen to the concerns and needs of others and relay information accordingly.
What We Offer
In return we offer a competitive salary that will be dependent upon your experiences and qualifications. We also offer attractive benefits that include: pension, life assurance, tablet, mobile phone and a company van.
How to Apply
To apply for this role please ensure that you fit the eligibility criteria above. Send your cv and a covering letter to the form below. We look forward to hearing from you.
Due to a high volume of applications we receive we regret that we cannot respond to everyone and may only contact you if your application is successful.
J Tomlinson is proud to be recognised as a Disability Confident Committed employer. We are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.