Skip to content
Multi-Skilled Operative (Joiner)
Core Responsibilities include:
- To promote a safe working environment and support the companies Health and Safety Policies and procedures on site. Report any non- conformances of Health and Safety to a supervisor.
- Ensure that when working on contracts that you have the correct equipment, that you are wearing a JT corporate uniform, that you are displaying your ID badge and adhering to the site safety manual.
- Ensure that you comply with the company vehicle and mobile phone and tablet procedures and report any defective working equipment to a supervisor.
- Ensure that your quality of work is always aligned to and compliant with the contract requirements, and you report any poor-quality workmanship to a supervisor, using the appropriate quality inspection form.
- To work within the allocated labour resources plan on site and report any variation works to the site supervisor.
- Liaise with the clients and keep them informed of works that may be undertaken and promote the company ethos and values always.
- Any other duties commensurate with the level of the post.
- Extensive relevant experience in Joinery / Plumbing and other Multi discipline trades.
- UPVC repairs and Locks Preferred
- Experience within the domestic housing sector.
- Safety – Follows safety precautions and displays safe on-the-job behaviour.
- Service Orientation – Creates customer loyalty through courteous, timely, and helpful service.
- Following Procedures – Adheres to directions, policies and/or legal guidelines.
- Stress Tolerance – Handles pressure without getting upset, moody or anxious.
- Planning / Organising – Coordinates and directs routine activities effectively.
- Communication – ability to listen to the concerns and needs of others and relay information accordingly.
- Formal technical qualification, such as NVQ, City and Guilds within trade back ground or equivalent.
- Must be able to demonstrate a further Skill set to support the Multi trade Role.
- Asbestos Awareness.
- CSCS Card.
- Full UK driving licence.
Apply for this Job
What We Offer
In return we offer a competitive salary that will be dependent upon your experiences and qualifications. We also offer attractive benefits that include: pension, life assurance, tablet, mobile phone and a company van.
How to Apply
To apply for this role please ensure that you fit the eligibility criteria above. Send your cv and a covering letter to the form below. We look forward to hearing from you.
Due to a high volume of applications we receive we regret that we cannot respond to everyone and may only contact you if your application is successful.
J Tomlinson is proud to be recognised as a Disability Confident Committed employer. We are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.