132 – Commercial Electrician
J Tomlinson has an exciting opportunity for you to join our team.
J Tomlinson is an established, privately-owned company with a substantial heritage and wealth of experience in delivering integrated building solutions tailored to public and private sector clients. Due to our continued success and on-going commitment to providing a world-class service to our customers, we are looking to recruit.
Our extensive portfolio of services includes the provision of Care, Commercial Refurbishment, Repairs and Maintenance, Engineering Services, Regeneration Programmes, Energy Efficiency and Renewables, and Facilities Management. We offer a totally integrated building solution.
Here are some of the J Tomlinson benefits:
- Competitive salary
- 25 days (staff) / 22 days (operative) Annual leave entitlement plus bank holidays
- Annual Leave Purchasing Scheme (ALPS) (purchase up to 5 additional days leave)
- Pension Contributions
- Flexible working
- Life assurance
- Free car parking
- Perks at Work Employee Benefit Platform
- Refer a Friend Scheme
- Eye Test Reimbursement Scheme (DSE Users)
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) for you and your family
- Length of Service – additional annual leave entitlement
- Electric car charging points
J Tomlinson is proud to be recognised as a Disability Confident Committed employer. We are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
An excellent opportunity has arisen for an experienced Commercial Electrician to join our team to undertake all aspects of planned and reactive maintenance, minor installation and fault finding on electrical installations within commercial and industrial properties.
You will be required to be a part of a call out rota and may be required to work occasional nights and weekends. Police vetting and DBS checks will be a mandatory requirement before commencing work.
As a Commercial Electrician, your core responsibilities will involve:
- Ensuring all works are undertaken without risk to safety or the environment and fully compliant with legislation and company procedures whilst remaining commercially viable.
- Undertaking planned maintenance and reactive calls to a wide range of commercial electrical installations, including fault diagnosis and investigation.
- Undertaking basic multi trade activities on mechanical and building fabric.
- Ensuring the highest levels of customer satisfaction.
- Ensuring all paperwork is fully completed in line with company procedures, legislative requirements and industry standards.
- Participating in the call out rota.
- Some infrequent work away from home and overtime
The ideal candidate must have:
- NVQ3 JIB Gold card
- 18th Edition Wiring Regulations
- 2394 and 2395 or 2391 Testing and Inspection Certification
- Asbestos Awareness certificate
- Valid ECS Card
- Valid UK Driving Licence
- Experienced gained on commercial properties including aged equipment and installations and 3 phase supplies.
- Experience with emergency light testing and fire alarms would also be desirable.
How to Apply
To apply for this role please ensure that you fit the eligibility criteria above. Send your cv and a covering letter using the form below. We look forward to hearing from you.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regret that we cannot respond to each one and may only contact you if your application is successful.