Apprentice Multi-Skilled Operative
J Tomlinson is an established, privately-owned company with a substantial heritage and wealth of experience in delivering integrated building solutions tailored to public and private sector clients. Due to our continued success and on-going commitment to providing a world-class service to our customers, we are looking to recruit an Apprentice Multi-Skilled Operative.
Our extensive portfolio of services includes the provision of Care, Commercial Refurbishment, Repairs and Maintenance, Engineering Services, Regeneration Programmes, Energy Efficiency and Renewables, and Facilities Management. We offer a totally integrated building solution.
|Job Title||Apprentice Multi Skilled Operative|
|Objectives / Purpose of Role|
|To promote a Safe working environment and complete any works within KPI targets, within budget guidelines and to a high-quality standard.
Multi-Skill Operative will need to be proficient in undertaking a wide range of tasks, including utilising your trade and your experience of multiple other trades to repair and refurbish housing stock across Nottinghamshire/Derbyshire/South Yorkshire/West Midlands
|· Assist to carry out any ad-hoc duties within the contract at your supervisor’s/Manager’s request.
· Shadow and gain experience working with multi skilled trades; carpentry, plumbing, tiling, plastering and decorating.
· Work towards a relevant qualification or a background in 3 or more trades
· To promote a safe working environment and support the companies Health and Safety Policies and procedures on site. Report any non- conformances of Health and Safety to a supervisor.
· Follow company Health and Safety, PPE, code of conduct (ID badge, uniform) is followed at all times.
· Ensure that you comply with the company vehicle and mobile phone and tablet procedures and report any defective working equipment to a supervisor.
· Ensure that your quality of work is always aligned to and compliant with the contract requirements.
· Work in a professional manner and promote the company ethos and values. (One Team)
· Achieve an excellent working relationship with your mentor and colleagues.
· Follow HR processes and procedures.
|· Self-motivated and enthusiastic (E)
· Team player but also comfortable to work alone (E)
· Must be able to demonstrate a further Skill set to support the Multi trade Role (E)
· Ability to work co-operatively with multi-disciplined groups (E)
· Full UK driving licence (D)
· Attend further education (E)
What We Offer
In return we offer a competitive salary depending on experience and qualifications. We also offer attractive benefits that include pension and life assurance.
How to Apply
To apply for this role please ensure that you fit the eligibility criteria above. Send your cv and a covering letter using the form below. We look forward to hearing from you.
Due to a high volume of applications we receive we regret that we cannot respond to each one and may only contact you if your application is successful.
J Tomlinson is proud to be recognised as a Disability Confident Committed employer. We are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.