Assistant Quantity Surveyor
J Tomlinson is an established, privately-owned company with a substantial heritage and wealth of experience in delivering integrated building solutions tailored to public and private sector clients. Due to our continued success and on-going commitment to providing a world-class service to our customers, we are looking to recruit an Assistant Quantity Surveyor for our Maintenance Department.
Our extensive portfolio of services includes the provision of Construction, Commercial Refurbishment, Repairs and Maintenance, Mechanical and Electrical engineering (M&E), Regeneration Programmes, Energy Efficiency and Renewables, and Facilities Management. We offer a totally integrated building solution.
To assist the Commercial team in carrying out the daily invoicing on the Day to Day Repairs contracts using the NHF Schedule of Rates. The Assistant Quantity Surveyor will be responsible for coding up completed works in order to ascertain the value for invoicing. This will be required on both back to back subcontract agreements and directly delivered works. Other duties will be the preparation of the month end accounting reports, updating and management of the process alongside operations and assisting the Commercial Manager with agreeing the month end final accounts. They will also be required to assist with subcontractor management for orders orders/invoices etc. The Assistant Quantity Surveyor may also be required to undertake a formal qualification on day release and must complete this course as part of their employment.
- Measurement of completed works on NHF Schedule of Rates upon completion of works
- To Assist in maintaining an acceptable WIP level in Day to Day Repairs
- Create and prepare month end accounting reports and review with operations ready to present to the Commercial Manager
- Assist the Commercial Manager with finalising the month end accounts for Day to Day Repairs
- Assist in ensuring the Commercial Manager is kept informed of any potential issues affecting cost, time or value.
- Carry out and complete tasks set by the Commercial Manager
- Work in accordance with and new and existing commercial control measures.
- Identify and issues that we are resulting in losses/low returns on NHF contracts to target improvements
- Assist the project team in achieving target margins set by the management team
- Work in accordance with best practice and company policy under the direction of the Commercial Manager.
- Assist in completing the monthly cost and value reporting.
- Assist in ensuring that commercial and administrative systems, budgets and cost control procedures are completed for each project.
- Assist in maximising cash flow through the control, measurement and valuation of work, and the invoicing of customers and payment of suppliers on time and in accordance with any contract.
- Assist in the production/ compiling of accurate forecasts/ budget information and produce accurate reports to client, maintaining and improving client relations as well as ensuring full entitlement under the contract is achieved.
- Assist in maximise margin through commercial controls on Subcontract accounts, and through recovery via client variations.
- Assist in ensuring payment and pay less notices are being issued in accordance with the Subcontract and Construction Act.
Experience Working with NHF Schedule of Rates – Essential
Apply for this Job
What We Offer
In return we offer a competitive salary that will be dependent upon your experiences and qualifications. We also offer attractive benefits that include: pension and life assurance.
How to Apply
To apply for this role please ensure that you fit the eligibility criteria above. Send your cv and a covering letter to the form below. We look forward to hearing from you.
Due to a high volume of applications we receive we regret that we cannot respond to everyone and may only contact you if your application is successful.
J Tomlinson is proud to be recognised as a Disability Confident Committed employer. We are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.