Bid Leader / Senior Estimator
J Tomlinson is an established, privately-owned company with a substantial heritage and wealth of experience in delivering integrated building solutions tailored to public and private sector clients. Due to our continued success and on-going commitment to providing a world-class service to our customers, we are looking to recruit a Bid Leader / Senior Estimator.
Our extensive portfolio of services includes the provision of Care, Commercial Refurbishment, Repairs and Maintenance, Engineering Services, Regeneration Programmes, Energy Efficiency and Renewables, and Facilities Management. We offer a totally integrated building solution.
|Job Title||Bid Leader / Senior Estimator|
|Objectives / Purpose of Role|
|The Senior/Lead Estimator has responsibility for overseeing the day to day function of the estimators reporting to the Strategic Development Leader. They have experience in estimating bids in our core sectors. They are responsible for ensuring the preparation and presentation of costs in all presentations and settlements, overseeing even those he/she has not directly costed. They must have a strong eye for detail and the ability to cost plan as well as tender in single and two stage procurement routes. They will also take an active role in engaging with the supply chain business to business development and database and also engage with stakeholders. They must have an appreciation of both D&B and NEC forms of contract. This role also involves engaging in bid/no bid process and workload planning for the department. The Lead Estimator will ensure that all contract docs/Letter of Intent/PCSA agreements have been received so that the project can be handed over to operations team and check for completeness of documentation in line with what we have submitted.
The Lead Estimator will also ensure all projects are handed over to the Operational team and contribute to the playback team meetings at 6 weeks and Post completion bringing best practice learnings back into the department.
Adhere to OFT Regulations and requirements
|· Provide commercial costing for tenders and oversee current tenders being produced by other estimators
· Support in managing the workload of the estimating function including workload planning in conjunction with the Strategic Development Leader and MD.
· Production of benchmark rates for key sectors to facilitate ease of cost planning
· Review of Prelim book rates
· Benchmark rate tracking
· Subcontractor comparisons
· Production of bid timeline for bid period
· Ensure that all financial checks have been undertaken by the team on all bids
· Develop relationships with Client/Client Agent and design team
· Support in the development of the assistant estimator and other junior members of the team
· Leading on commercial review of costs in adjudication meetings and launches
· Engagement in Pipeline meetings as required
· Participation in win theme planning
· Understanding and benchmarking key rates and supply chain market
· Developing and maintaining good relationships externally. Leading on B2B’s with key supply chain
· Supporting with the supply chain database working alongside the database administrator
· Management of tender TQ’s and production of tender clarifications
· Awareness of contract types and variety of procurement routes. High level review of key contract conditions.
· Use of Conquest for tenders
· Attend all tender interviews as required
· Ensure all post tender clarifications are answered in a timely manner by all estimators
· Engage with bid team on all launches and any estimating requirements for bid submissions
· Engage in the handover process of tenders to the operational team if successful
· Support the Strategic Development Leader with any preconstruction process implementation.
|· Ensure tender Governance is adhered to
· Ability to manage and lead across small team reporting to Senior Leaders
· Ability to engage and proactively develop and maintain Stakeholder relationships
· Proficient in the use of MS office suite and PowerPoint and Conquest.
· Effective communication and presentation skills
· High attention to detail
· Ability to interpret information given by others and present it clearly both verbally and in writing.
· Measurement abilities
· Awareness of marketplace trends and benchmarking
· Ability to produce cost plans
· Appreciation of variety of core work sectors
· Understanding of single stage and 2 stage tendering
· Solid understanding of programme and construction techniques
· Experience in our core sectors of work including Frameworks if possible
· Understanding of contract forms (including NEC and JCT)
What We Offer
In return we offer a competitive salary depending on experience and qualifications. We also offer attractive benefits that include pension and life assurance.
How to Apply
To apply for this role please ensure that you fit the eligibility criteria above. Send your cv and a covering letter to the form below. We look forward to hearing from you.
Due to a high volume of applications we receive we regret that we cannot respond to everyone and may only contact you if your application is successful.
J Tomlinson is proud to be recognised as a Disability Confident Committed employer. We are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.