J Tomlinson is an established, privately-owned company with a substantial heritage and wealth of experience in delivering integrated building solutions tailored to public and private sector clients. Due to our continued success and on-going commitment to providing a world-class service to our customers, we are looking to recruit a Bid Manager.
Our extensive portfolio of services includes the provision of Construction, Commercial Refurbishment, Repairs and Maintenance, Mechanical and Electrical Engineering (M&E), Regeneration Programmes, Energy Efficiency and Renewables, and Facilities Management. We offer a totally integrated building solution.
• Day to day responsibility for managing bids teams in liaison with the Head of Bids/P&L Leader/ BDM
• Managing and coordinating the procurement process in liaison with the Head of Bids/P&L Leader/ BDM
• Liaison with the appropriate internal bid team
• Liaising with regional businesses through agreed channels
• Managing internal and external relationships with bid teams and specialist advisors
• Reporting progress and issues to the Head of Bids/P&L Leader/ BDM
• Integrating central resources with regional business unit resource on project specific basis
• Supporting regional business units in:
• Liaison with specialist advisors
• Production and coordination of contractor proposals
• Attendance at procurement process
• Coordination of information with partners
• Production of bid programmes and action plans
• Increasing understanding of market and positions in the sector
• BDM to gain market intelligence
• Supporting the production and maintenance of a project bid budget
• Offer assistance, support and mentoring to other team members
Communication – Communicates effectively and appropriately, listens sensitively, adapts communication to audience and fosters effective communication with others
Creativity and Innovation – Develops new insights into situations; questions conventional approaches; encourages new ideas and innovations; designs and implements new or cutting edge programs/processes.
Teamwork – Contributes fully to the team effort and plays an integral part in the smooth running of teams without necessarily taking the lead
Flexibility – Modifies his or her approach to achieve a goal. Is open to change and new information; rapidly adapts to new information, changing conditions, or unexpected obstacles.
Adaptability – Adjusts to changing environments whilst maintaining effectiveness
• Previous Bid Management Experience
• High Attention to Detail
• Ability to work to client timetables and tight deadlines
• Good understanding of Microsoft Office suite of Packages
• Experience within Housing/FM/M&E/Construction
• Good Communicator and Organiser, clear concise communication, verbal and written
• Strong background and familiarity with the bid and business development environment
Apply for this Job
How to Apply
To apply for this role please ensure that you fit the eligibility criteria above. Send your cv and a covering letter to the form below. We look forward to hearing from you.
Due to a high volume of applications we receive we regret that we cannot respond to everyone and may only contact you if your application is successful.
J Tomlinson is proud to be recognised as a Disability Confident Committed employer. We are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.