Business Administration Apprentice (Support Services)
J Tomlinson is looking for an enthusiastic, motivated and hardworking person to join our growing team.
As a leading provider of integrated building solutions, we have multiple business units including Construction, Refurbishment, Repairs and Maintenance and Facilities Management plus varied support functions including Finance, Compliance, IT, Business Development and HR.
This is an excellent opportunity for an individual with drive and determination to learn and apply their skills to become a competent Administrator and a key part of our Support Service team. As an apprentice you’ll be earning as you learn, combining practical on the job training whilst studying towards a Diploma in Business Administration.
The programme is a 12 month training scheme and during your apprenticeship you’ll be learning:-
- Processing, scanning, electronic storage and filing of documents
- Appointment scheduling and database management
- Management of certification schemes
- Invoicing and accounts management
- Collation of statistical data and formatting reports
- Co-ordinate the distribution of technical information, bulletins and notices
- Control of updating media noticeboard and functional signage points
- Attend senior business level meetings and record minutes
The ideal candidate will have:
- GCSE Maths & English Grade C or above
- A willingness to learn
- Good communication & interpersonal skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- A core understanding of customer service and behaviours required
- Good computer skills with Microsoft Office an advantage
How to Apply
To apply for this role please ensure that you fit the eligibility criteria above. Send your cv and a covering letter to the form below. We look forward to hearing from you.
Due to a high volume of applications we receive we regret that we cannot respond to everyone and may only contact you if your application is successful.
J Tomlinson is proud to be recognised as a Disability Confident Committed employer. We are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.