Business Systems Analyst
J Tomlinson is an established, privately-owned company with a substantial heritage and wealth of experience in delivering integrated building solutions tailored to public and private sector clients. Due to our continued success and on-going commitment to providing a world-class service to our customers, we are looking to recruit a Business System Analyst.
To be responsible for the delivery and improvement of reliable IT business systems within the organisation
To develop a full understanding of the internal and external business systems and implement solutions and initiatives that meet the business strategic objectives.
- Maintain and develop Core Business systems solutions delivering services to J Tomlinson offices including its customer base
- Customise, develop and deliver new and existing systems and process to meet the J Tomlinson busines requirements
- Provide initial Business System support to IT Services team
- Undertake any other reasonable duties as requested
- Development of solutions unclouding, not limiting to
- Company ERP solution (IFS/Vixen)
- Interfaces between J Tomlinson and its clients
- Solutions for mobile work force including forms and data capture
- Development of external facing portals
- Determines operational objectives by understand business functions; gathering information; evaluating output requirements and formats.
- Designs new routines, programs and systems by analysing requirements; constructing workflow charts and diagrams; studying system capabilities; and delivering against written specifications.
- Improves systems and processes by reviewing practices; designing and delivering customisations
- Recommends controls by identifying problems; writing improved procedures.
- Works closely with the Business Improvement team and delivering prioritised workload in line with agreed project deliverables.
- Recommend improvements to existing practices and develop necessary systems to deliver that improvement
- system protocols by writing and updating procedures.
- Provides references for users by writing and maintaining user documentation
- Maintains user confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Prepares technical reports by collecting, analysing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Maintain and control changes of internally delivered solution and system upgrades / bug fixes.
Efficiency – Continue to review current working practices making recommendations for improvement. Research and recommend changes to the IT infrastructure architecture, ensuring that all new and enhanced facilities are effectively project managed and thoroughly tested, before being implemented in the production environment
- Policies and Procedures – follow, review and recommend improvements to IT and company procedures. To maintain and implement effective IT infrastructure policies, standards, procedures and guidelines.
- Relationships – Maintain and develop customer/user relationships to ensure understanding of needs and proactive management of issues
- Training and Support – Provide effective and appropriate level of support to the J Tomlinson Userbase including the IT departments.
Provide first time fix solutions to the IT services team, within agreed SLA to meet users requirements. Provide user base training where applicable. Provided skills transfer to others within the IT Service team
- Projects – Ensure projects are completed to specification within the timescales and budgets specified. Projects should follow the adopted project methodology, including planning, documentation, escalation, issue/risk tracking and change control. Help identify, propose and implement new and existing technologies according to business needs.
Important Working Relationships
Form, build and maintain relationships with internal Managers and Heads of Service to understand their requirements and to ensure that a high level of service is provided and sustained
- Work closely with departmental members to ensure tasks and projects are completed accurately, on time and within budget.
- Work closely with other internal staff to provide solutions to problems and support where required.
- In this Senior role, act as mentor to the wider IT Team
Knowledge, Skills & Experience Required
High levels of IT literacy
- Structured way of working
- Good attention to detail in all aspects of work
- Able to prioritise and work under pressure
- Must be able to work collaboratively, with a range of colleagues both in the wider organisation, and externally.
- Able to explain complex technology topics in non-technical language
- Good interpersonal and team leadership skills
- Able to manage staff through appraisal, coaching and performance management
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
In addition, more specifically
SQL PL/SQL, Software Design, Software Documentation, Software Development Process, Software Requirements, Analysing Information, Teamwork, Software Maintenance, Written Communication, Promoting Process Improvement