J Tomlinson is an established, privately-owned company with a substantial heritage and wealth of experience in delivering integrated building solutions tailored to public and private sector clients. Due to our continued success and on-going commitment to providing a world-class service to our customers, we are looking to recruit a Buyer.
Our extensive portfolio of services includes the provision of Care, Commercial Refurbishment, Repairs and Maintenance, Engineering Services, Regeneration Programmes, Energy Efficiency and Renewables, and Facilities Management. We offer a totally integrated building solution.
|Undertake the material and plant procurement for nominated division(s) or business unit(s), as well as supporting selected strategic procurement initiatives.|
|Key Results and Accountabilities
· Aligned with the Group Procure to Pay Process and Procedures. Procurement of all material packages, making procurement recommendations for all projects on VE opportunities and supply chain routes to market within a nominated division or business unit(s). Lead on IFS issues
· Aligned with the Group Plant Hire Process and Procedures. Procure, raise and close plant orders as required.
· Material and Plant cost management and reporting of sites
· Able to proactively manage and resolve procurement and associated operational, commercial and finance day to day issues
· Directing specifications based on full understanding of group agreements
· Successful support of the work winning function, integrating as an embedded member of the team
Key Job Tasks
· Become Procurement champion a nominated division or business unit(s), owning all aspects of operational procurement for the division and its projects.
· Liaise with all work streams within the nominated division(s) or business unit(s) and become an integral team member supporting and adding value wherever possible
· Uses Group Agreements and works with the Strategic Procurement function to feedback relevant information to support the ongoing procurement of Group Agreements.
· Negotiation and placing of all material and plant orders for given sites, making sure all materials are delivered on time and within budget.
· Conducting quotation analysis of packages, and negotiating best value – presenting recommendations for approval
· Proactively make recommendations on specifications to incorporate group deals, better performing products and to drive value engineering opportunities.
· Agree and maintain accurate procurement schedules with site operational and commercial teams, reporting associated information as required
· Discuss and agree in principal with project and site manager’s best procurement methods for the site
· Proactively identify strategic procurement opportunities for the division and wider business
· Support the work winning function with attendance to tender launch meetings, advising the team on procurement VE opportunities and negotiation and agreement of costs to be used in divisional bids
· Challenge specification based on group supply chain, preferred manufacturer and third-party agreements
· Complete bi-annual/quarterly stock takes and advise on consignment and van stock opportunities
· Liaising with suppliers and sites regarding any key information or any issues raised
· Attend monthly contract reviews as required, highlighting spend trends and inform of any industry issues
· Identify new suppliers, initiatives and potential cost savings within the business
· Resolution of invoice queries, and full understanding of procurement/ accounting system
· Complete regular site visits to build relationships, monitor progress and fluctuation required for procurement schedules and highlight issues
· Attend supplier review meetings
· General administration
· Senior Buyer – support and mentor more junior members of the Procurement Team
|· Good communication skills – both written and verbal
· Able to build positive productive working relationships with stakeholders
· Able to work effectively as part of a team
· Systematic, organised approach
· Able to manage time and priorities effectively
· Positive, can do and pro-active attitude is essential
Construction Management or Construction Commercial (HNC or equal) or Corporate member of the Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply or significantly progressed to achieving
What We Offer
In return we offer a competitive salary depending on experience and qualifications. We also offer attractive benefits that include pension, holiday purchasing scheme and life assurance.
How to Apply
To apply for this role please ensure that you fit the eligibility criteria above. Send your cv and a covering letter using the form below. We look forward to hearing from you.
Due to a high volume of applications we receive we regret that we cannot respond to each one and may only contact you if your application is successful.
J Tomlinson is proud to be recognised as a Disability Confident Committed employer. We are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.