J Tomlinson is an established, privately-owned company with a substantial heritage and wealth of experience in delivering integrated building solutions tailored to public and private sector clients. Our extensive portfolio of services includes the provision of Construction, Commercial Refurbishment, Repairs and Maintenance, Engineering Services, Regeneration Programmes, Energy Efficiency and Renewables, and Facilities Management. We offer a totally integrated building solution.
Looking for a new role for 2020?
Due to increasing works within our Commercial Maintenance department, we have several commercial job opportunities available commencing early 2020 across the entirety of Yorkshire and Humberside including trade roles, gas, electrical, QS’s and site supervisors. Should you be interested in the role below, please send your CV and a covering letter to the application form below or Recruitment@jtomlinson.co.uk. All interviews will be held local to the applicants. For information on further roles available please see the J Tomlinson website www.jtomlinson.co.uk and go on the Careers page.
Please note that an Enhanced DBS Disclosure will be required before commencing works and Blue Light Emergency Service Vetting may also be required. All roles are permanent and full-time positions at 40 hours per week 8.00am – 5.00pm Monday to Friday.
- Provide support to the Commercial team in overseeing cost management of Commercial Maintenance contracts
- Show ability to understand broad scope of service and specifications
- Accurately value works carried out by our operatives and subcontractors against schedule of rates
- Update internal system and customer portals to reconcile job pricing/cost detail
- Review scope/job details and ensure maximum revenue generation
- Processing of subcontractor and supplier invoices
- Assist in the valuation of subcontractor works in accordance with conditions of their contract
- Assist in monitoring costs in connection with provision of services
- Assist in collation of audit, statistical and financial information to support operational and commercial management reporting
- Assist in the preparation of procurement packages and analysis of returns
- Follow processes and use IT systems that meet the required way of working
- Ensure compliance with company procedures at all times
- Demonstrate flexibility and carry out any other ad hoc duties as required and deemed reasonable
We are looking for a candidate with the following experience and qualifications;
- Intermediate or advanced Excel skills
- Excellent Numeracy skills
- Previous experience on commercial contracts
- Understanding of NHF or PSA Schedule of Rates (Desirable)
- Full UK Driving Licence (Desirable)
What we Offer
In return we offer a competitive salary that will be dependent upon your experiences and qualifications within the role.
Our benefits include pension, life assurance, discounts on EE products and a comprehensive Employee Assistance Programme including free legal and financial support and free counselling services.
Apply for this Job
If you wish to apply for this position, please ensure you fit the criteria above. Please send a CV and covering letter stating why you would be an excellent candidate for the role using the form below or to Recruitment@jtomlinson.co.uk.
Due to a high volume of applications we receive we regret that we cannot respond to everyone and may only contact you if your application is successful.
J Tomlinson is proud to be recognised as a Disability Confident Committed employer. We are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.