HVAC Service Engineer
J Tomlinson is an established, privately-owned company with a substantial heritage and wealth of experience in delivering integrated building solutions tailored to public and private sector clients. Due to our continued success and on-going commitment to providing a world-class service to our customers, we are looking to recruit a HVAC Service Engineer.
Our extensive portfolio of services includes the provision of Care, Commercial Refurbishment, Repairs and Maintenance, Engineering Services, Regeneration Programmes, Energy Efficiency and Renewables, and Facilities Management. We offer a totally integrated building solution.
Job Title: HVAC Service Engineer
|Objectives / Purpose of the Role|
|To carry out servicing, planned maintenance, repairs and installation of split type HVAC systems in line with current regulations, industry and manufacturer standards and the company’s standard operating procedures. Ensure high levels of customer satisfaction and achieving high levels of first time fix in line with key performance indicators within commercial stock across Nottinghamshire/Derbyshire/South Yorkshire/West Yorkshire/ North Yorkshire/ Humberside and West Midlands.|
|· Source appropriate materials, where instructed.
· Manage and keep an accurate record of your van stock.
· Surveying of works, where instructed.
· Work on the Departmental / Company call out rota to cover all contracts within the department.
· Ensure the safe keeping of all company equipment and it is used and maintained in an appropriate manner & all problems / defects are reported in line with procedures.
· Ensure all work is carried out to a high quality, is technically correct, and is in line with Company, Client and manufacturing requirements.
· Any instances of poor or unsafe working should be reported to the Supervisor and/or Contracts Manager.
· Ensure that all customers are treated in a professional and courteous manner.
· Ensure that all work records are correctly completed and are submitted on a daily basis.
· Ensure that all the Company image is professionally portrayed by ensuring corporate uniform is worn at all times and is well presented, ID badges are displayed, and Company vehicles are clean.
· Ensure full compliance with the Company Health & Safety Policy and all current legislation.
|· Communication – To communicate clearly and effectively with a diverse range of people; tailoring style to suit the audience and promote free flowing communication.
· Team Work – Working effectively with others, as a team leader or team member, encouraging team work and supporting others.
· Results Orientation – Demonstrating a commitment to achieve results against required standards.
· Planning & Organising – Ability to think ahead, plan, prioritise and schedule activities, along with monitoring and controlling outcomes.
· Problem Solving – The ability to identify issues, obstacles, and opportunities. The individual must also develop and implement effective solutions.
· Managing Change – Seeking ways to bring about improvements in the way that work is done. The individual must also accept new, innovative ways of doing tasks.
· Coaching & Development – Facilitating learning and development to improve performance, skills and behaviours.
· Impact & influencing – The ability to persuade or influence others without coercion or force.
· Strategic Thinking – The ability to envisage and progress towards long term objectives.
· Decision Making – The ability to analyse, define and justify options, and propose appropriate decisions.
Commercial & Business Knowledge – The ability to interpret and understand business needs at individual, departmental, organisational or sector level.
|Person Specification – Desired/Essential Criteria (D/E)|
· Asbestos Awareness (E)
· Working at Height (E) – JTL SOP
· Manual Handling (E) – JTL SOP
· Hot Works (E) – JTL SOP
· Safe Isolation (E) – JTL SOP
· Face Fit (E)
· DBS Check (E)
· CSCS Card – Skilled Worker (E, BLUE CARD MINIMUM)
· Full UK Driving Licence (E)
· PASMA (D)
· IPAF (D)
· Minimum of 5 Years in a similar engineering role (E)
|What We Offer
In return we offer a competitive salary depending on experience and qualifications. We also offer attractive benefits that include pension, holiday purchasing scheme and life assurance.
How to Apply
To apply for this role please ensure that you fit the eligibility criteria above. Send your cv and a covering letter using the form below. We look forward to hearing from you.
Due to a high volume of applications we receive we regret that we cannot respond to each one and may only contact you if your application is successful.
J Tomlinson is proud to be recognised as a Disability Confident Committed employer. We are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.