J Tomlinson is an established, privately-owned company with a substantial heritage and wealth of experience in delivering integrated building solutions tailored to public and private sector clients. Due to our continued success and on-going commitment to providing a world-class service to our customers, we are looking to recruit a Commercial Electrician.
Our extensive portfolio of services includes the provision of Care, Commercial Refurbishment, Repairs and Maintenance, Engineering Services, Regeneration Programmes, Energy Efficiency and Renewables, and Facilities Management. We offer a totally integrated building solution.
Purpose of role
To promote a safe working environment and complete any works within KPI targets, within budget guidelines and to a high-quality standard.
We are seeking an electrician who will be required to carry out accurate and high-quality work to fulfil the contract needs.
The applicant will need to be proficient in undertaking a wide range of tasks, including utilising their trade and experience to carry out installation and maintenance works, fault find and promote safe systems of work across a diverse portfolio.
The duties of the role include:
- Electrical testing/repairs/installations/maintenance works on local contracts including West Yorkshire Police.
- Ensure your quality of work is always aligned to and complaint with the relevant regulations and working practices.
- Adhere to the EAWR 1989 and the J Tomlinson Electrical Safety Management System (ESMS)
- To accurately complete electrical forms including minor works and installation certification relevant to the type of works being completed.
- Working as part of a small, dedicated team
- Adhering to current H&S legislation and practices
- To promote a safe working environment, support the companies H&S policies and procedures.
- Ensure that when working on contracts you have the correct equipment, are wearing the company uniform, displaying your company ID badge and always promote the company ethos and values.
- Dealing with customers in a professional manner. Liaise with stakeholders on all levels keeping them informed of works that may be undertaken. Promote J Tomlinson in a manner likely to maximise possible future work opportunities.
- To assist with the procurement of materials and labour for a particular project/contract when required including the management of van stock.
- Ensure you comply with the company vehicle and IT policy, reporting any defects to a manager.
- Willingness to work out of normal business hours as required including call out rota.
- Comply with the Company Procedures and always protect the Company’s interests.
In addition to the above any duties your manager or the company require you to undertake.
Safety – Follows safety precautions and displays safe on-the-job behaviour, promotes a safe working environment.
Communication – To communicate clearly and effectively with a diverse range of people; tailoring style to suit the audience and promote free flowing communication.
Team Work – Working effectively with others, as a team leader or team member, encouraging team work and supporting others.
Results Orientation – Demonstrating a commitment to achieve results against required standards.
Planning & Organising – Ability to think ahead, plan, prioritise and schedule activities, along with monitoring and controlling outcomes.
Problem Solving – The ability to identify issues, obstacles and opportunities. The individual must also develop and implement effective solutions.
Managing Change – Seeking ways to bring about improvements in the way that work is done. The individual must also accept new, innovative ways of doing tasks.
Strategic Thinking – The ability to envisage and progress towards long term objectives.
Decision Making – The ability to analyse, define and justify options, and propose appropriate decisions.
Experience & Knowledge
- Level 3 technical qualification e.g., C&G 236 A & B or C&G 2360 Part 1 & 2 or C&G 2330 Level 2 & 3 or C&G 2351 (all 8 units) or C&G 2365 or EAL Electrotechnical 600/9331/6 or equivalent
- AM2 or NVQ level 3 in electrotechnical discipline or NVQ Level 3 mature candidate or “grandfather rights”
- C&G 2382 17th or 18TH Edition Update or equivalent
- ECS H&S test Training will be required if not already in place.
- Asbestos Awareness Training will be required if not already in place.
- C&G 2391 testing qualification or Equivalent
- Experience in the electrical industry working at an unsupervised practical level
- Have a good working knowledge of domestic electrical installations including relevant sections of the building regulations
- Experience of completing Domestic Electrical Installation Condition Reports
- Good IT skills
- Experience working on controls wiring associated with AHU’s, AC, Pumps and other mechanical equipment
- Experience and relevant qualifications in Emergency lighting design, test and inspection.
- Experience in working with building energy management systems
Core Values and Behaviours
Being Authentic – Being open and honest and ensuring that everything is done with integrity. The individual must work within the team to solve the issue and find a solution.
Valuing and Appreciating Everyone – The understanding that by having a diverse mix of skills, ideas and qualities, performance will be enhanced.
Customer Plus – Satisfaction must be provided to everyone, whether that be internal or external. Customers are put first in everything that we do.
People Realising their Potential – Encouraging others at being the best that they can be. The employee needs to be talented and have a range of skills and experience to achieve what is required and above.
Delivering on Our Promises – Having the ability to listen, check expectation and agree the commitment that is required, ensuring that this takes place.
Providing a Safe and Happy Place to be – Ensuring that the environment that every individual is working in is a safe and enjoyable place to be.
Living our Values – An individual has every right to be a value.
Looking Forward – Identifying opportunities, threats and changes that require an action.
The Buzz – The ability to generate excitement, passion and pride within the work place.
Anything is Possible – ensuring that every opportunity and benefit is grasped by the company and by the individual.
Ownership – Leading by example and setting high standards of conduct and behaviour within the business.
Integrated Solutions – The involvement of everyone in problem solving to ensure that individuals have freedom, flexibility and space to be innovative and inventive.
Successful Relationships – The ability to create and maintain successful relationships, both internally and externally.
What We Offer
In return we offer a competitive salary depending on experience and qualifications. We also offer attractive benefits that include pension, holiday purchasing scheme and life assurance.
How to Apply
To apply for this role please ensure that you fit the eligibility criteria above. Send your cv and a covering letter using the form below. We look forward to hearing from you.
Due to a high volume of applications we receive we regret that we cannot respond to each one and may only contact you if your application is successful.
J Tomlinson is proud to be recognised as a Disability Confident Committed employer. We are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.