J Tomlinson is an established, privately-owned company with a substantial heritage and wealth of experience in delivering integrated building solutions tailored to public and private sector clients. Our extensive portfolio of services includes the provision of Construction, Commercial Refurbishment, Repairs and Maintenance, Engineering Services, Regeneration Programmes, Energy Efficiency and Renewables, and Facilities Management. We offer a totally integrated building solution.
- Day to day electrical repairs/installations/maintenance works in commercial buildings including fire alarms and emergency lighting as applicable
- Undertaking periodic testing & inspection works
- Ensure your quality of work is always aligned to and complaint with the relevant regulations and working practices.
- Daily assessment of materials and ordering stock as required
- Adhere to the EAWR 1989 and the J Tomlinson Electrical Safety Management System (ESMS)
- To accurately complete electrical forms relevant to the type of works being completed
- Adhering to current H&S legislation and practices
- To promote a safe working environment, support the companies H&S policies and procedures. Report any non-conformances to a supervisor
- Dealing with customers in a professional manner. Liaise with tenants keeping them informed of works that may be undertaken
- To assist with the procurement of materials and labour for a particular project/contract when required including the management of van stock
- Willingness to work out of normal business hours as required including call out rota
- Comply with the Company Procedures and protect the Company’s interests at all times
- Occasionally, BMS works including maintenance and fault finding
- Any other duties commensurate with the level of the post
We are looking for a candidate with the following experience and qualifications;
- Level 3 technical qualification e.g. C&G 236 A & B or C&G2360 Part 1 & 2 or 2330 Level 2 & 3 or C&G 2351 (all 8 units) or C&G 2365 or EAL Electrotechnical 600/9331/6 or equivalent
- NVQ level 3 in electrotechnical discipline or NVQ Level 3 mature candidate or “grandfather rights”
- C&G 2382 17th Edition Update or equivalent
- C&G 2391 or C&G 2394 & C&G 2395 Inspection and Testing or equivalent
- ECS Gold card
- Asbestos Awareness
- DBS Check
- Full UK Driving Licence
- C&G 2382 18th Edition update or equivalent (Desirable)
- First Aid (Desirable)
- Minimum of 3 Years in the electrical industry working at a practical level within the Commercial industry
- Must have a good working knowledge of new and aged commercial electrical installations, 3 phase installations and relevant sections of the building regulations
- Must have commercial periodic testing experience
- Must have experience working with commercial fire alarms and emergency lighting installations/maintenance (Desirable)
- Experience with wiring systems associated with boilers and renewable technology (Desirable)
- Extensive technical knowledge of maintaining and fault finding on BMS systems (Desirable)
What we Offer
In return we offer a competitive salary that will be dependent upon your experiences and qualifications within the role.
You will receive a company vehicle, tablet and phone. Our benefits include pension, life assurance, discounts on EE products and a comprehensive Employee Assistance Programme including free legal and financial support and free counselling services.
Apply for this Job
If you wish to apply for this position, please ensure you fit the criteria above. Please send a CV and covering letter stating why you would be an excellent candidate for the role using the form below or to Recruitment@jtomlinson.co.uk.
Due to a high volume of applications we receive we regret that we cannot respond to everyone and may only contact you if your application is successful.
J Tomlinson is proud to be recognised as a Disability Confident Committed employer. We are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.