About J. Tomlinson
J Tomlinson is a family-owned business and began as an electrical contracting business in the 1950s. The company has grown and expanded considerably over the past 60 years, and are experts in delivering integrated building solutions, from design and build through to refurbishment and repair.
We were recently named Company of the Year at the 2017 Nottingham Post Business Awards as a testament to our success and social values, and believe heavily in placing our people, customers, and the communities we work within at the heart of everything we do.
Due to our continued success and on-going commitment to providing a world-class service to our customers, we are looking to recruit 2 Commercial Electricians.
Due to continued growth within our Commercial division we are seeking 2 Electrician who will be required to carry out accurate and high-quality works fulfilling the contract needs.
- Electrical repairs/installations/maintenance works in commercial buildings
- Undertaking periodic testing & inspection works
- Willingness to complete occasional working away and or overtime
- Ensure your quality of work is always aligned to and complaint with the relevant regulations and working practices.
- Adhere to the EAWR 1989 and the J Tomlinson Electrical Safety Management System (ESMS)
- To accurately complete electrical forms relevant to the type of works being completed
- Working as part of a small, dedicated team
- Adhering to current H&S legislation and practices
- To promote a safe working environment, support the companies H&S policies and procedures. Report any non-conformances to a supervisor
- Ensure that when working on contracts you have the correct equipment, are wearing the company uniform, displaying your company ID badge and always promote the company ethos and values
- Dealing with customers in a professional manner. Liaise with tenants keeping them informed of works that may be undertaken. Promote J Tomlinson in a manner likely to maximise possible future work opportunities.
- To assist with the procurement of materials and labour for a particular project/contract when required including the management of van stock
- Ensure you comply with the company vehicle and IT policy, reporting any defects to a manager
- Willingness to work out of normal business hours as required including call out rota
- Comply with the Company Procedures and protect the Company’s interests at all times
The ideal candidate must have:
- Level 3 technical qualification e.g. C&G 236 A & B or C&G2360 Part 1 & 2 or 2330 Level 2 & 3 or C&G 2351 (all 8 units) or C&G 2365 or EAL Electrotechnical 600/9331/6 or equivalent (E)
- AM2 (E)
- NVQ level 3 in electrotechnical discipline or NVQ Level 3 mature candidate or “grandfather rights” (E)
- C&G 2382 17th Edition Update or equivalent (E)
- C&G 2382 18th Edition update or equivalent (D)
- C&G 2391 or C&G 2394 & C&G 2395 Inspection and Testing or equivalent (E)
- ECS Gold card or this must be obtained within the probationary period (E)
- ECS H&S test (D)
- Asbestos Awareness (D)
- First Aid (D)
- Minimum of 3 Years in the electrical industry working at a practical level relevant to the “Business Unit” above (E)
- Must have a good working knowledge of new and aged commercial electrical installations, 3 phase installations and relevant sections of the building regulations (E)
- Must have commercial periodic testing experience (E)
- Must have experience working with commercial fire alarms and emergency lighting installations/maintenance (D)
- Experience with wiring systems associated with boilers and renewable technology (D)
- Good IT skills (E)
In return we offer a competitive salary that will be dependent upon your experiences and qualifications. We also offer attractive benefits that include: pension, life assurance, tablet, mobile phone and a company van.
To apply for this role please ensure that you fit the eligibility criteria above. Send your cv and a covering letter to the application form below. We look forward to hearing from you.
Due to a high volume of applications we receive we regret that we cannot respond to everyone and may only contact you if your application is successful.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.