Commercial Gas Contract Supervisor
J Tomlinson is an established, privately-owned company with a substantial heritage and wealth of experience in delivering integrated building solutions tailored to public and private sector clients. Due to our continued success and on-going commitment to providing a world-class service to our customers, we are looking to recruit a Commercial Gas Contract Supervisor
Our extensive portfolio of services includes the provision of Construction, Commercial Refurbishment, Repairs and Maintenance, Mechanical and Electrical Engineering (M&E), Regeneration Programmes, Energy Efficiency and Renewables, and Facilities Management. We offer a totally integrated building solution.
Due to increasing works within our Facilities Management department, an excellent opportunity has arisen for a Commercial Gas Contracts Supervisor to join our team
This will be a permanent and full time position at 40 hours per week 8am – 5.00pm Monday to Friday. Enhanced DBS disclosure will be a mandatory requirement before commencing work. This role may also require out of hours working
As a Gas Contract Supervisor your core responsibilities will include:
- Check and sign off work records and gas certificates.
- Ensure adherence to the gas safety management system including actions points raised from the office audit.
- Ensure all referrals are forwarded to the Client daily.
- Day to day supervision of Engineers including sourcing and organising with the co-ordinators, delivery of materials and plant.
- Surveying of works and organising with the co-ordinators, orders to sub-contractors and suppliers for these works as directed.
- Assisting contract co-ordinators with satisfactory allocation of resources for day to day and planned works.
- Quote for works recommended from engineers
- Carry out monthly audits including checking condition of plant, equipment and vehicle.
- Checking quality of work at times of site visits and reporting any poor workmanship to the manager.
- Proactive in building up relations with the engineers / clients and provide the necessary help and guidance.
- To assist on any disciplinary issues in connection with the workmen, with the relevant manager.
- Preparation of Risk and Method Statements for Approval by the contract’s manager
- Weekly reporting of key objectives to line manager in a timely manner
- Commercial Gas qualification are desirable but not essential however a gas background is required
- Knowledge of H&S within the area of works is required
- Asbestos Awareness
- UK Driving Licence
- DBS Clearance
What We Offer
In return we offer a competitive salary that will be dependent upon your experiences and qualifications
You will be issued with a company van or car, phone and laptop. We also offer attractive benefits that include pension, life assurance and a comprehensive Employee Assistance Programme.
Apply for this Job
If you wish to apply for this position please ensure you fit the criteria above. Please send a CV and covering letter stating why you would be an excellent candidate for the role using the form below.
Due to a high volume of applications we receive we regret that we cannot respond to everyone and may only contact you if your application is successful.
J Tomlinson is proud to be recognised as a Disability Confident Committed employer. We are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.