Commercial Gas Engineer
J Tomlinson is an established, privately-owned company with a substantial heritage and wealth of experience in delivering integrated building solutions tailored to public and private sector clients. Due to our continued success and on-going commitment to providing a world-class service to our customers, we are looking to recruit Commercial Gas Engineers
Due to increasing works within our Facilities Management department, an excellent opportunity has arisen for a Commercial Gas Engineer to join our team working across the East Midlands and Yorkshire
This will be a permanent and full time position at 40 hours per week 8am – 4.30pm Monday to Friday. You will be required to be on a call out rota and do overtime where applicable. DBS disclosure will be a mandatory requirement before commencing works and Police vetting may be required.
- Full scope of commercial gas works including servicing and repairs in line with current gas safety, installation and use, regulations and the company’s standard operating procedures
- Source appropriate materials, where instructed.
- Manage and keep an accurate record of your van stock.
- Surveying of works, where instructed.
- Work on the Departmental / Company call out rota to cover all contracts within the department / company; calls will be issued based upon geographical location.
- Ensure the safe keeping of all company equipment and it is used and maintained in an appropriate manner & all problems / defects are reported in line with procedures.
- Ensure all work is carried out to a high quality, is technically correct, and is in line with Company, Client and manufacturing requirements.
- Any instances of poor or unsafe working should be reported to the Gas Supervisor and/or Contracts Manager.
- Ensure that all customers are treated in a professional and courteous manner.
- Ensure that all work records are correctly completed and are submitted on a daily basis.
- Ensure that all the Company image is professionally portrayed by ensuring corporate uniform is worn at all times and is well presented, ID badges are displayed, and Company vehicles are clean.
- Provide emergency out-of-hours cover as required.
- Ensure full compliance with the Company Health & Safety Policy and all current legislation.
We are looking for a candidate with the following experience and qualifications;
- Commercial Core Gas including CDGA1, CORE1, CIGA1, TPCP1(A), ICPN1
- Plumbing Apprenticeship, NVQ2 Domestic Plumbing, or ACS Core 4 (CCN1, CENWAT, CKR1, HTR1) plus ACS Commercial skills: COCN1 or CODNC01 (changeover from CCN1) (Desirable)
- Gas Safe Card
- Asbestos Awareness
- Face Fit Test
- DBS Check
- Full UK Driving Licence
- LPG (Desirable)
- OFTEC (Desirable)
- EEDH (Energy Efficiency for Domestic Gas Installers) (Desirable)
What we Offer
In return we offer a competitive salary that will be dependent upon your experiences and qualifications within the role.
You will receive a company vehicle, tablet and phone. Our benefits include pension, life assurance, discounts on EE products and a comprehensive Employee Assistance Programme including free legal and financial support and free counselling services.
Apply for this Job
If you wish to apply for this position please ensure you fit the criteria above. Please send a CV and covering letter stating why you would be an excellent candidate for the role using the form below.
Due to a high volume of applications we receive we regret that we cannot respond to everyone and may only contact you if your application is successful.
J Tomlinson is proud to be recognised as a Disability Confident Committed employer. We are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.