Commercial Gas Engineers
J Tomlinson is an established, privately-owned company with a substantial heritage and wealth of experience in delivering integrated building solutions tailored to public and private sector clients. Due to our continued success and on-going commitment to providing a world-class service to our customers, we are looking to recruit Commercial Gas Engineers.
Our extensive portfolio of services includes the provision of Construction, Commercial Refurbishment, Repairs and Maintenance, Regeneration Programmes, Energy Efficiency and Renewables, and Facilities Management. We offer a totally integrated building solution.
Due to increasing works within our Repairs & Maintenance department, an excellent opportunity has arisen for experienced Gas Engineers, to join our domestic team in the Leicester, South Yorkshire and Birmingham areas.
This will be a permanent and full time position at 40 hours per week 8am – 4.30pm Monday to Friday. You will be required to be part of a call out rota and must be willing to travel dependant on the location of work. DBS disclosure will be a mandatory requirement before commencing work.
As a Gas Service & Repairs Engineer your core responsibilities will involve:
- Ensure all work is carried out to a high quality, is technically correct, and is in line with Company, Client and manufacturing requirements.
- Carry out domestic gas servicing and gas breakdown repairs
- Ensure all work is carried out in line with the Site Safety Manual.
- Any instances of poor or unsafe working should be reported to the Gas Supervisor and/or Contracts Manager.
- Ensure that all customers are treated in a professional and courteous manner.
- Ensure that all work records are correctly completed and are submitted on a daily basis.
- Provide emergency out-of-hours cover as required.
- Ensure full compliance with the Company Health & Safety Policy and all current legislation.
- Carry out ad-hoc duties within responsibility.
Our ideal candidate must have:
- Hold valid domestic gas qualifications including CCN1, CENWAT, CKR1, HTR1
- Unvented hot water
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to work as a team player and also under their own initiative
The following would be advantageous but not essential:
- A current and valid CSCS card
- Valid Asbestos Awareness licence
What We Offer
In return we offer a competitive salary depending on experience and qualifications. We also offer attractive benefits that include pension and life assurance.
How to Apply
To apply for this role please ensure that you fit the eligibility criteria above. Send your cv and a covering letter to the form below. We look forward to hearing from you.
Due to a high volume of applications we receive we regret that we cannot respond to everyone and may only contact you if your application is successful.
J Tomlinson is proud to be recognised as a Disability Confident Committed employer. We are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.