J Tomlinson is an established, privately-owned company with a substantial heritage and wealth of experience in delivering integrated building solutions tailored to public and private sector clients. Due to our continued success and on-going commitment to providing a world-class service to our customers, we are looking to recruit an experienced Commercial Manager for our Commercial Refurbishment Division.
Our extensive portfolio of services includes the provision of Construction, Commercial Refurbishment, Repairs and Maintenance, Mechanical and Electrical engineering (M&E), Regeneration Programmes, Energy Efficiency and Renewables, and Facilities Management. We offer a totally integrated building solution.
Overall responsibility for all Commercial aspects of the department to ultimately maximise opportunities, identify and manage risks to ensure the best possible result for the business. This will be underpinned by a desire for continuous improvement of commercial procedures and a strong focus on people develop whilst promoting the core values and behaviours of the business.
- Lead by example and demonstrate one team behaviours and values at all times. This should include internally within the business and externally with customers when promoting the brand
- Maximise opportunities for one team delivery (internal trading and selling other aspects of the business)
- Be proficient in the use of IFS and provide training and guidance for the commercial team in its use
- People Strategy – Ensure adherence to company policies and procedures and demonstrate a strong commitment to development of the team
- Involvement as necessary with any departmental meeting, procedures and people management
- Continuously review, improve and develop commercial procedures to ensure robust commercial management is undertaken on all our projects
- Develop a standardised approach to commercial management across Engineering Service and Refurbishment
- Adherence to the corporate compliance calendar for submission of key commercial/financial information
- Provide other key financial/commercial information as required by the business to allow other functions to be completed/analysed i.e. cash flow information
- Provide assistance/guidance to operational/projects teams in relation to any Commercial issues
- Have an overview and advise on any key contractual issues for new tenders/contracts
- Focus on cash management ensuring good commercial practice is in place to maximise cash position
- Responsible for reviewing CVR’s and ensuring accurate cost/value forecasting is in place
- Responsible for submitting CVR information to allow the production of management accounts for the department
- Responsible for ensuring accurate profit forecasting for the department
- Review, advise and approve commercial strategy in relation to project deliver in an effort to maximise returns
- Review and advise the business of risks and opportunities across the all projects (live and complete)
- Produce and issue weekly report information to the agreed timetable
- Produce commercial/financial information required for the board report
- Experience working for a main contractor in a similar role or a Managing Quantity Surveyor looking to take the next step in their career who can demonstrate a successful track record of Quantity Surveying and Commercial Management.
- BS degree in construction management, architecture, engineering or related field
- SMSTS qualified
Apply for this Job
What We Offer
In return we offer a competitive salary that will be dependent upon your experiences and qualifications. We also offer attractive benefits that include: pension and life assurance.
How to Apply
To apply for this role please ensure that you fit the eligibility criteria above. Send your cv and a covering letter to the form below. We look forward to hearing from you.
Due to a high volume of applications we receive we regret that we cannot respond to everyone and may only contact you if your application is successful.
J Tomlinson is proud to be recognised as a Disability Confident Committed employer. We are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.