Commercial Multi-skilled Plumber
J Tomlinson is an established, privately-owned company with a substantial heritage and wealth of experience in delivering integrated building solutions tailored to public and private sector clients. Due to our continued success and on-going commitment to providing a world-class service to our customers, we are looking to recruit a Commercial Multi-skilled Plumber.
Our extensive portfolio of services includes the provision of Construction, Commercial Refurbishment, Repairs and Maintenance, Mechanical and Electrical Engineering (M&E), Regeneration Programmes, Energy Efficiency and Renewables, and Facilities Management. We offer a totally integrated building solution.
• To promote a safe working environment and support the companies Health and Safety Policies and procedures on site. Report any non- conformances of Health and Safety to a supervisor.
• Ensure that when working on contracts that you have the correct equipment, that you are wearing a JT corporate uniform, that you are displaying your ID badge and adhering to the site safety manual
• Ensure that you comply with the company vehicle and mobile phone and tablet procedures, and report any defective working equipment to a supervisor
• Ensure that your quality of work is always aligned to and compliant with the contract requirements, and you report any poor-quality workmanship to a supervisor, using the appropriate quality inspection form.
• To work within the allocated labour resources plan on site and report any variation works to the site supervisor
• Liaise with the clients and keep them informed of works that may be undertaken and promote the company ethos and values always.
• Carry out any other ad-hoc duties within the contract at your supervisor’s request.
Safety – Follows safety precautions and displays safe on-the-job behaviour
Managing Conflict – report any hostility between individuals or groups when disagreements occur
Motivating Others – Fosters energy for, and provides direction towards, organisational goals
Planning / Organising – Coordinates and directs routine activities effectively
Communication – ability to listen to the concerns and needs of others and relay information accordingly
• Formal technical qualification, such as NVQ, City and Guilds within trade back ground (E)
• Must be able to demonstrate a further Skill set to support the Multi trade Role (E)
• At least 7 years’ experience within construction industry (E)
• Asbestos Awareness (E)
• CSCS Card – Supervisor (E)
• Full UK driving licence (E)
Apply for this Job
How to Apply
To apply for this role please ensure that you fit the eligibility criteria above. Send your cv and a covering letter to the form below. We look forward to hearing from you.
Due to a high volume of applications we receive we regret that we cannot respond to everyone and may only contact you if your application is successful.
J Tomlinson is proud to be recognised as a Disability Confident Committed employer. We are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.