J Tomlinson is an established, privately-owned company with a substantial heritage and wealth of experience in delivering integrated building solutions tailored to public and private sector clients. Due to our continued success and on-going commitment to providing a world-class service to our customers, we are looking to recruit a x 2 Commercial Plumbers
Our extensive portfolio of services includes the provision of Construction, Commercial Refurbishment, Repairs and Maintenance, Mechanical and Electrical Engineering (M&E), Regeneration Programmes, Energy Efficiency and Renewables, and Facilities Management. We offer a totally integrated building solution.
Due to increasing works within our Facilities Management department, an excellent opportunity has arisen for a Commercial Plumber to join our team, to be based in Beeston or South Yorkshire.
This will be a permanent and full time position at 40 hours per week 8am – 5.00pm Monday to Friday. Enhanced DBS disclosure will be a mandatory requirement before commencing work and Police vetting may be required. This role will also require out of hours working and being a part of a call out rota.
As a Commercial Plumber your core responsibilities will include:
- Completion of all plumbing works on commercial properties, mainly fire stations
- To promote a safe working environment and support the companies Health and Safety Policies and procedures on site. Report any non- conformances of Health and Safety to a supervisor.
- Ensure that when working on contracts that you have the correct equipment, that you are wearing a JT corporate uniform, that you are displaying your ID badge and adhering to the site safety manual
- Ensure that you comply with the company vehicle and mobile phone and tablet procedures, and report any defective working equipment to a supervisor
- Ensure that your quality of work is always aligned to and compliant with the contract requirements, and you report any poor-quality workmanship to a supervisor, using the appropriate quality inspection form.
- To work within the allocated labour resources plan on site and report any variation works to the site supervisor
- Liaise with the clients and keep them informed of works that may be undertaken and promote the company ethos and values always.
- Carry out any other ad-hoc duties within the contract at your supervisor’s request.
- Formal technical qualification, such as NVQ, City and Guilds within trade back ground
- Asbestos Awareness
- CSCS Card
- UK Driving Licence
What We Offer
In return we offer a competitive salary that will be dependent upon your experiences and qualifications as Plumber
You will be issued with a company van, tablet and phone. We also offer attractive benefits that include pension, life assurance and a comprehensive Employee Assistance Programme.
Apply for this Job
If you wish to apply for this position please ensure you fit the criteria above. Please send a CV and covering letter stating why you would be an excellent candidate for the role using the form below.
Due to a high volume of applications we receive we regret that we cannot respond to everyone and may only contact you if your application is successful.
J Tomlinson is proud to be recognised as a Disability Confident Committed employer. We are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.