J Tomlinson is an established, privately-owned company with a substantial heritage and wealth of experience in delivering integrated building solutions tailored to public and private sector clients. Due to our continued success and on-going commitment to providing a world-class service to our customers, we are looking to recruit a Contract Manager.
Our extensive portfolio of services includes the provision of Care, Commercial Refurbishment, Repairs and Maintenance, Engineering Services, Regeneration Programmes, Energy Efficiency and Renewables, and Facilities Management. We offer a totally integrated building solution.
Objectives / Purpose of Role
To oversee the running of FM Contracts through effective management of KPIs, SLAs, finances and resource
• To have a comprehensive understanding of the client’s needs, and contract specifics including
KPI’s, SLA’s, Costings, works to be undertaken and social value commitments
• Performance manage sub-contractors in accordance with the job specification and/or the
requirements of the business and the needs of the clients and tenants.
• Ensure all works on a given contract are carried out in accordance with the agreed
specification/drawings and to all correct appropriate engineering/building standards, good
working practices and current relevant legislation.
• Undertake the cost-effective procurement of both materials and subcontractors in accordance
with relevant Company procedures and tendering process stages.
• Ensure there is a cost-effective allocation/resourcing of labour requirements to suit the
requirements of the contract programme and the tender costs. Ensure that labour costs are
always closely monitored.
• Complete all measuring weekly to fall in line with monthly forecast
• Prepare Valuations, monthly WIP and final accounts and issue in accordance with the contract
and in a timely manner, ensuring payments are duly received in line with the contract. Work
with the Team Leader to manage the administration and ensure it is completed as per
customer required schedules.
• Certify Subcontract payments on a weekly basis in accordance with Company procedures.
• Ensure all defects are investigated and rectified promptly.
• To attend client meetings, and ensure all outstanding actions are complete prior to each
• Achieve or exceed Service Level Agreements and Key Performance Indicators.
• Ensure that the operating budget delivers the business expectations in terms of target
turnover and profit
• Identify opportunities to improve financial performance.
• Identify opportunities for contract improvement/expansion and discuss with client and line
manager for implementation or development
• Ensure quotes and tenders are carried out in a timely manner, maintain the FM quote Log
• Develop and maintain good relationships with the client representatives and customers as
• Support the Out of hours team with any queries.
Quality Control and Compliance
• Have an understanding/knowledge of all disciplines in line with J Tomlinson Safety
• Produce and manage the Contract H&S plan, risk assessment’s and quality plan.
• To complete at least 1 number HS2 (safety audit) a month
• To carry out WIP’s on all directly employed engineers every quarter/ with the aid of the
• Deliver TBT as and when required
• Always maintain a safe site / contract through compliance with H&S practices, monitoring
accidents/incidents, H&S inspections and corrective actions
• Monitor, evaluate and report KPI’s and SLA’s and ensure measures are in place to capture
and implement corrective actions to ensure performance targets are hit.
• Communication – To communicate clearly and effectively with a diverse range of people;
tailoring style to suit the audience and promote free flowing communication.
• Results Orientation – Demonstrating a commitment to achieve results against required
• Planning & Organising – Ability to think ahead, plan, prioritise and schedule activities, along
with monitoring and controlling outcomes.
• Commercial Knowledge – Specific knowledge and understanding of the business and how
what we do contributes to the business’s success.
• Commercial & Business Knowledge – The ability to interpret and understand business needs
at individual, departmental, organisational or sector level.y
Experience and Knowledge
A minimum of 3 yrs experience in the same or similar role. (Essential)
Experience in managing People. (Essential)
SMSTS OR SSSTS or Equivalent (Essential)
Asbestos Awareness. (Desirable)
UK Driving Licence (Essential)
Core Values and Behaviours
• Being Authentic – Being open and honest and ensuring that everything is done with integrity.
The individual must work within the team to solve the issue and find a solution.
• Delivering on Our Promises – Having the ability to listen, check expectation and agree the
commitment that is required, ensuring that this takes place.
• Customer Plus – Satisfaction must be provided to everyone, whether that be internal or
external. Customers are put first in everything that we do.
• Looking Forward – Identifying opportunities, threats and changes that require an action.
• Ownership – Leading by example and setting high standards of conduct and behaviour within
What We Offer
In return we offer a competitive salary depending on experience and qualifications. We also offer attractive benefits that include pension, holiday purchasing scheme and life assurance.
How to Apply
To apply for this role please ensure that you fit the eligibility criteria above. Send your cv and a covering letter using the form below. We look forward to hearing from you.
Due to a high volume of applications we receive we regret that we cannot respond to each one and may only contact you if your application is successful.
J Tomlinson is proud to be recognised as a Disability Confident Committed employer. We are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.