J Tomlinson is an established, privately-owned company with a substantial heritage and wealth of experience in delivering integrated building solutions tailored to public and private sector clients. Due to our continued success and on-going commitment to providing a world-class service to our customers, we are looking to recruit a Contract Manager.
Our extensive portfolio of services includes the provision of Care, Commercial Refurbishment, Repairs and Maintenance, Engineering Services, Regeneration Programmes, Energy Efficiency and Renewables, and Facilities Management. We offer a totally integrated building solution.
|Objectives / Purpose of the Role|
|To execute the contracts assigned professionally in accordance with the agreed specification and requirements in the most cost effective manner whilst complying with all current legislation/engineering standards and company procedures.
To ensure at all times that the likelihood of repeat business from the clients is maximised and client satisfaction/contract compliance is maintained.
|· Lead and manage a high-performance department through the application of good people management principles and practices.
· Recruit, induct, develop and retain high calibre staff at all levels who will be committed to the delivery of exceptional customer service.
· Performance manage all direct report staff and sub-contractors in accordance with their job description and/or the requirements of the business and the needs of the clients and tenants.
· Carry out staff appraisals for all direct reports at least twice per year and ensure that staff appraisals are carried out for all members of the contract team on an annual basis.
· Ensure all works on a given contract are carried out in accordance with the agreed specification/drawings and to all correct appropriate engineering/building standards, good working practices and current relevant legislation.
· Undertake the cost-effective procurement of both materials and subcontractors in accordance with relevant Company procedures and tendering process stages.
· Ensure there is a cost effective allocation/resourcing of labour requirements to suit the requirements of the contract programme and the tender costs. Ensure that labour costs are closely monitored at all times.
· Prepare Valuations, monthly WIP and final accounts and issue in accordance with the contract and in a timely manner, ensuring payments are duly received in line with the contract. Work with the Senior CLO to manage the administration and ensure it is completed as per customer required schedules.
· Certify Subcontract payments on a weekly basis in accordance with Company procedures.
· Continually review all processes and procedures.
· Ensure all defects are dealt with promptly.
· Run the contract from handover to final completion (completion of Defects Liability Period), including preparation of the Health and Safety Plan.
· Take control of the fire risk assessment plan, traffic management plan and project risk assessments.
· Ensure a high standard of service delivery of both directly delivered and sub contracted services.
· Develop and maintain good relationships with the client representatives and customers as appropriate.
· Achieve or exceed Service Level Agreements and Key Performance Indicators.
· Ensure that the operating budget delivers the business expectations in terms of target turnover and profit
· Identify opportunities to improve financial performance.
· Identify opportunities for contract improvement/expansion and discuss with client and line manager for implementation or development
· Carry out any other duties necessary for the delivery of the service.
|Decision Making – Uses sound judgement to make timely and effective decisions;
Managing Performance – Monitors performance, providing feedback for improvement when needed;
Resource Management – Coordinates people and materials to maximise productivity and efficiency
Financial Acumen – Demonstrates keen insight and application of budgeting, financial policies and procedures;
Problem Solving – Identifies solutions given available information
Service Orientation – Creates customer loyalty through courteous, timely and helpful service;
|Person Specification – Desired/Essential Criteria (D/E)|
|· HNC / NVQ3 in Building Services or individual trade discipline (E)
· Formal Management qualification (D) or appropriate management training (E);
· Asbestos Awareness (E);
· CDM Regulations (E);
· IOSH Managing Safely (E);
· JTL Safety Management System (E);
· Temporary Works (E);
· DBS Check (E);
· CSCS Card – Manager (E);
· Full UK Driving Licence (E).
|Measures of Success (How will proficiency in the job be measured?)|
What We Offer
In return we offer a competitive salary depending on experience and qualifications. We also offer attractive benefits that include pension and life assurance.
How to Apply
To apply for this role please ensure that you fit the eligibility criteria above. Send your cv and a covering letter using the form below. We look forward to hearing from you.
Due to a high volume of applications we receive we regret that we cannot respond to each one and may only contact you if your application is successful.
J Tomlinson is proud to be recognised as a Disability Confident Committed employer. We are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.