J Tomlinson is an established, privately-owned company with a substantial heritage and wealth of experience in delivering integrated building solutions tailored to public and private sector clients. Due to our continued success and on-going commitment to providing a world-class service to our customers, we are looking to recruit a Contracts Manager
Our extensive portfolio of services includes the provision of Construction, Commercial Refurbishment, Repairs and Maintenance, Mechanical and Electrical Engineering (M&E), Regeneration Programmes, Energy Efficiency and Renewables, and Facilities Management. We offer a totally integrated building solution.
Due to increasing works within our Regeneration department, an excellent opportunity has arisen for a Contracts Manager to join our team in Nottingham.
This will be a permanent and full time position at 40 hours per week 8am – 5.00pm Monday to Friday. Enhanced DBS disclosure will be a mandatory requirement before commencing work.
As a Contracts Manager your core responsibilities will include:
- Lead and manage a high-performance department through the application of good people management principles and practices.
- Achieve or exceed Key Performance Indicators and Service Level Agreements set by the client
- Ensure Client Mitigations are completed with the correct information in the timescales stipulated by the client.
- Ensure all Client complaints are dealt with and responded to in the client’s SOP.
- Attend all client required meetings
- Recruit, induct, develop and retain high calibre staff at all levels who will be committed to the delivery of exceptional customer service.
- Performance manage all direct report staff and sub-contractors in accordance with their job description and/or the requirements of the business and the needs of the clients and tenants.
- Carry out staff One to One’s for all direct reports at least 1 per Month and ensure that staff appraisals are carried out for all members of the contract team on an annual basis.
- Ensure all works on a given contract are carried out in accordance with the agreed specification and to all correct appropriate building standards, good working practices and current relevant legislation.
- Assist the commercial team with the cost-effective procurement of both materials and subcontractors in accordance with relevant Company procedures and tendering process stages.
- Ensure there is a cost-effective allocation/resourcing of labour requirements to suit the requirements of the contract and the tender costs.
- Ensure that labour costs are always closely monitored.
- Prepare monthly WIP and issue in accordance with the contract and in a timely manner, Work with the CLO Team Leader to manage the administration and ensure it is completed as per customer required SOP’s.
- Continually review all processes and procedures.
- Ensure all defects are dealt with promptly.
- Ensure a high standard of service delivery of both directly delivered and sub contracted services.
- Develop and maintain good relationships with the client representatives and customers as appropriate.
- Ensure that the operating budget delivers the business expectations in terms of target turnover and profit
- Identify opportunities to improve financial performance.
- Identify opportunities for contract improvement/expansion and discuss with client and line manager for implementation or development
- Carry out any other duties necessary for the delivery of the service.
- Current domestic gas qualifications, CCN1,CENWAT,UVHW,HTR1
- Experience of installation contracts in the social housing sector
- Asbestos Awareness
- CSCS Card – Supervisor
- Full UK driving licence
- IT Literate (Outlook EXCEL, Word)
- SSSTS or SMSTS
What We Offer
In return we offer a competitive salary that will be dependent upon your experiences and qualifications as a Contracts Manager
You will be given the option of a company car or car allowance, including company laptop and phone. We also offer attractive benefits that include pension, life assurance and a comprehensive Employee Assistance Programme.
Apply for this Job
If you wish to apply for this position please ensure you fit the criteria above. Please send a CV and covering letter stating why you would be an excellent candidate for the role using the form below.
Due to a high volume of applications we receive we regret that we cannot respond to everyone and may only contact you if your application is successful.
J Tomlinson is proud to be recognised as a Disability Confident Committed employer. We are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.