Customer Liaison Officer
J Tomlinson is an established, privately-owned company with a substantial heritage and wealth of experience in delivering integrated building solutions tailored to public and private sector clients. Due to our continued success and on-going commitment to providing a world-class service to our customers, we are looking to recruit a Customer Liaison Officer.
Our extensive portfolio of services includes the provision of Care, Commercial Refurbishment, Repairs and Maintenance, Engineering Services, Regeneration Programmes, Energy Efficiency and Renewables, and Facilities Management. We offer a totally integrated building solution.
An excellent opportunity has arisen for Customer Liaison Office /Scheduler /Planner to join our team in Wakefield.
Supporting the Maintenance division to deliver an outstanding customer journey by efficiently and effectively handling large volumes of customer enquiries and requests via the telephone and email whilst achieving challenging department and business performance targets and guidelines.
This will be a permanent and full-time position at 40 hours per week 8am – 5.00pm Monday to Friday. Hours may be subject to change between 7am – 8pm
- Liaise with clients ensuring a high level of communication.
- Plan and co-ordinate maintenance contracts, ensuring:
- All servicing is planned economically in line with the Company’s contractual obligations;
- All works are being carried out cost effectively;
- Engineers are kept busy at all times;
- The Tenant has been called to explain the works to be carried out, and the approximate time of arrival prior to sending engineers to any visit, either planned or reactive
- Carry out works in accordance with the Company’s standard operating procedures.
- IT system is kept fully updated at all times;
- Check fully and sign off the daily timesheets in accordance with the Company’s standard procedure.
- Client/tenant liaison to arrange satisfactory execution of the works.
- Placement of purchase orders for materials and sub-contractors as required through the IT system.
- Placement of plant requisitions as per plant procedure.
- Maintenance of inputting and collation of completed works record sheets as requested.
- Reporting to the Contracts Manager with regard to resource allocation and status of works orders.
- Liaising with Client’s representatives with regard to receipt, allocation and status of works orders.
- Preparation of documentation for individual works order for valuation.
- Liaising with Supervisors and Managers for day-to-day operations of the contracts.
- Ensure the correctly qualified and experienced operatives are sent to the relevant planned and reactive calls, paying particular attention to Gas Safety.
- Produce accurate invoices on a daily basis, adhering to the Company’s internal procedures and Client’s format.
- Depending on the particular contract, maintain a high level of communication and co-operation with other departments within the Company.
- Work with a high degree of integrity and confidentiality.
- Carry out any other ad-hoc duties as directed and deemed reasonable
- Over 2 years’ experience in a customer service role or similar
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills
- Self-Motivated and enthusiastic
- Professional call handling
What We Offer
In return we offer a competitive salary depending on experience and qualifications. We also offer attractive benefits that include pension, holiday purchasing scheme and life assurance.
How to Apply
To apply for this role please ensure that you fit the eligibility criteria above. Send your cv and a covering letter using the form below. We look forward to hearing from you.
Due to a high volume of applications we receive we regret that we cannot respond to each one and may only contact you if your application is successful.
J Tomlinson is proud to be recognised as a Disability Confident Committed employer. We are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.