Customer Liaison Officer
J Tomlinson is an established, privately-owned company with a substantial heritage and wealth of experience in delivering integrated building solutions tailored to public and private sector clients. Due to our continued success and on-going commitment to providing a world-class service to our customers, we are looking to recruit a Customer Liaison Officer
Our extensive portfolio of services includes the provision of Care, Commercial Refurbishment, Repairs and Maintenance, Engineering Services, Regeneration Programmes, Energy Efficiency and Renewables, and Facilities Management. We offer a totally integrated building solution.
|Objectives / Purpose of Role|
|The post holder will be responsible for handling a variety of customer enquiries over the telephone and via email and for the efficient co-ordination of designated maintenance contracts, as well as other related duties within the Customer Service Centre, ensuring the very highest levels of customer satisfaction.|
|Person Specification – Desired/Essential Criteria (D/E)|
|Experience & Knowledge
· Experience of working in fast moving, pressurised environment dealing with complex levels of data and conflicting priorities (E)
· Experience of effectively and efficiently handling a variety of customer enquiries within company performance targets, demonstrating excellent standards of customer care (E)
· Experience of data entry, maintaining databases and spreadsheets (D)
· Experience of working within an office environment and undertaking general administrative support (D)
· Knowledge and experience of using Contact Centre technology/bespoke IT systems (D)
· Proficient in the use of Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and be able to input and retrieve information (E)
· An understanding of maintaining confidentiality of customer information within data protection guidelines and other relevant legislation.
· Must demonstrate an awareness and understanding of equality issues and a commitment to the implementation of the Equality and Diversity Policy.
Skills & Abilities
· Good interpersonal skills and a proven ability to communicate effectively, including active listening and questioning. (E)
· Ability to develop and present written and verbal information in a clear and concise manner. (E)
· A proven ability to work to a high level of accuracy. (E)
· Able to demonstrate skills to improve services and performance for our customers (D)
· Demonstrate a firm but fair approach to managing customer services and relationships, whilst maintaining a professional attitude. (D)
· Possesses or willing to work towards NVQ level 2/3 in Contact Centre Operations / Customer Service or equivalent (E)
· Demonstrates self-motivation and the ability to work with minimum supervision
· Works effectively as part of a team
· Lives the company mission, vision and values
· Is flexible and prepared to work according to the needs of the service
|Context of the Role (e.g. single / multiple clients or sites, considerable travel, unsociable hours)|
|Following satisfactory completion of training and probation, the CLO will be required to complete a variety of tasks across multiple contracts and will ensure compliance to different processes set out by the department and individual contracts.
It is the responsibility of the Customer Service Centre to ensure compliance, to work with other departments and managers to ensure an effective customer journey and to ensure that we manage and where possible exceed the expectations of our customers.
|Measures of Success (How will proficiency in the job be measured?)|
What We Offer
In return we offer a competitive salary depending on experience and qualifications. We also offer attractive benefits that include pension, holiday purchasing scheme and life assurance.
How to Apply
To apply for this role please ensure that you fit the eligibility criteria above. Send your cv and a covering letter using the form below. We look forward to hearing from you.
Due to a high volume of applications we receive we regret that we cannot respond to each one and may only contact you if your application is successful.
J Tomlinson is proud to be recognised as a Disability Confident Committed employer. We are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.