089 – Customer Liaison Officer
J Tomlinson is an established, privately-owned company with a substantial heritage and wealth of experience in delivering integrated building solutions tailored to public and private sector clients. Due to our continued success and on-going commitment to providing a world-class service to our customers, we are looking to recruit a Customer Liaison Officer
Our extensive portfolio of services includes the provision of Care, Commercial Refurbishment, Repairs and Maintenance, Engineering Services, Regeneration Programmes, Energy Efficiency and Renewables, and Facilities Management. We offer a totally integrated building solution.
- To effectively and efficiently handle a large volume and variety of customer enquiries within company performance targets and while demonstrating excellent standards of customer care.
- Working with a high level of integrity and confidentiality within Data Protection guidelines and to ensure that legal, statutory and any other relevant legislation and guidelines are strictly observed.
- To support with the planning and coordination of the maintenance contracts, ensuring all servicing is planned economically and cost effectively in line with the Company’s contractual obligations.
- To support with allocation of works, ensuring the correctly qualified and experienced operatives attend the relevant planned and reactive calls, paying particular attention to Gas Safety.
- To liaise effectively with internal and external customers to arrange satisfactory appointments and to ensure the completion of works in a timely manner.
- To proactively contact customers to improve first-time access.
- To support in the processing of forms, raising of purchase orders for materials and sub-contractors and completion of daily timesheets in accordance with the company procedures.
- To liaise with client’s representatives with regards to receipt, allocation and status of works orders.
- Responsible for operating computer applications, producing reports, schedules, correspondence and other information as required.
- To be regarded as a local ‘expert’ in all Customer Service matters, offering both specialist and general advice on topics consistent with the role.
- To display a positive, flexible and proactive approach to delivering excellent customer service, including dealing sensitively with a diverse customer base.
- To attend training and team meetings as directed and to ensure operational processes and procedures are adhered to in order to help contribute to the overall effectiveness of the team’s performance.
- To support across various Operational Departments as requested by the Customer Service Manager or Team Leader.
- To support the Team Plan, Company mission and vision and live the company values as well as supporting the successful implementation of the Customer Service Strategy.
- In addition to the above any duties your manager or the company require you to undertake.
- Information Analysis – Gathers, organises, and analyses diverse sources of information
- Planning / Organising – Coordinates and directs routine activities effectively
- Managing Conflict – Manages hostility between individuals or groups when disagreements occur
- Service Orientation – Creates customer loyalty through courteous, timely, and helpful service
- Following Procedures – Adheres to directions, policies and/or legal guidelines
- Stress Tolerance – Handles pressure well
- Communication – To communicate clearly and effectively with a diverse range of people; tailoring style to suit the audience and promote free flowing communication.
- Team Work – Working effectively with others, as a team leader or team member, encouraging teamwork and supporting others.
- Results Orientation – Demonstrating a commitment to achieve results against required standards.
- Planning & Organising – Ability to think ahead, plan, prioritise and schedule activities, along with monitoring and controlling outcomes.
- Problem Solving – The ability to identify issues, obstacles and opportunities. The individual must also develop and implement effective solutions.
- Managing Change – Seeking ways to bring about improvements in the way that work is done. The individual must also accept new, innovative ways of doing tasks.
- Strategic Thinking – The ability to envisage and progress towards long term objectives.
- Decision Making – The ability to analyse, define and justify options, and propose appropriate decisions.
- Experience of working in fast moving, pressurised environment dealing with complex levels of data and conflicting priorities.
- Experience in effectively and efficiently handling a variety of customer enquiries within company performance targets, demonstrating excellent standards of customer care.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and be able to input and retrieve information.
- An understanding of maintaining the confidentiality of customer information within data protection guidelines and other relevant legislation.
- Must demonstrate an awareness and understanding of equality issues and a commitment to the implementation of the Equality and Diversity Policy.
- Good interpersonal skills and a proven ability to communicate effectively, including active listening and questioning.
- Ability to develop and present written and verbal information in a clear and concise manner.
- A proven ability to work to a high level of accuracy.
- Experience in data entry, maintaining databases and spreadsheets.
- Experience of working within an office environment and undertaking general administrative support.
- Knowledge and experience of using Contact Centre technology/bespoke IT systems.
- Able to demonstrate skills to improve services and performance for our customers
- Demonstrate a firm but fair approach to managing customer services and relationships, whilst maintaining a professional attitude.
- Possesses or is willing to work towards NVQ level 2/3 in Contact Centre Operations / Customer Service or equivalent
- Being Authentic – Being open and honest and ensuring that everything is done with integrity. The individual must work within the team to solve the issue and find a solution.
- Valuing and Appreciating Everyone – The understanding that by having a diverse mix of skills, ideas and qualities, performance will be enhanced.
- Customer Plus – Satisfaction must be provided to everyone, whether that be internal or external. Customers are put first in everything that we do.
- People Realising their Potential – Encouraging others at being the best that they can be. The employee needs to be talented and have a range of skills and experience to achieve what is required and above.
- Delivering on Our Promises – Having the ability to listen, check expectation and agree the commitment that is required, ensuring that this takes place.
- Providing a Safe and Happy Place to be – Ensuring that the environment that every individual is working in is a safe and enjoyable place to be.
- Living our Values – An individual has every right to be a value.
- Looking Forward – Identifying opportunities, threats and changes that require an action.
- The Buzz – The ability to generate excitement, passion and pride within the workplace.
- Anything is Possible – ensuring that every opportunity and benefit is grasped by the company and by the individual.
- Ownership – Leading by example and setting high standards of conduct and behaviour within the business.
- Integrated Solutions – The involvement of everyone in problem solving to ensure that individuals have freedom, flexibility and space to be innovative and inventive.
- Successful Relationships – The ability to create and maintain successful relationships, both internally and externally.
In return we offer a competitive salary depending on experience and qualifications.
We also offer attractive benefits that include pension, holiday purchasing scheme and life assurance.
We are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.