J Tomlinson is an established, privately-owned company with a substantial heritage and wealth of experience in delivering integrated building solutions tailored to public and private sector clients. Due to our continued success and on-going commitment to providing a world-class service to our customers, we are looking to recruit a Design Manager.
Our extensive portfolio of services includes the provision of Care, Commercial Refurbishment, Repairs and Maintenance, Engineering Services, Regeneration Programmes, Energy Efficiency and Renewables, and Facilities Management. We offer a totally integrated building solution.
|Objectives / Purpose of the Role
|The main purpose of this role is to lead the design team of allocated projects from estimating/order placement through to completed construction.#
|· Agree appointment and scope of service for Design
· Clear communication of expectations for design deliverables with designers
· Review all design issues relating to GA’s
· Review compliance and other statutory regulations
· Review ER’s in line with contractors proposals & implement where necessary
· Liaise with client and key stakeholders
· Liaison with the Commercial Team for cost checking
· Monitor of design deliverables and design programmes
· Assist with procurement and construction programmes
· Consultant appointments
· Charing design meetings
· Review compliance of design against employers requirements/specs/contractors proposals/budgets
· Ensure Project Compliance in relation to specification and to all Codes of Practice & Local Authority regulators
· Input into the design & manage change
· Monitor design changes and change control
· Agree design changes with client
· Obtain statutory services quotations & management of services to suit programme requirements
· Implementation & improvement of J.Tomlinson Design & Build Procedures and over seeing Design Managers to ensure these policies and procedures are followed
|Communication – Communicates effectively and appropriately, listens sensitively, adapts communication to audience and fosters effective communication with others
Creativity and Innovation – Develops new insights into situations; questions conventional approaches; encourages new ideas and innovations; designs and implements new or cutting edge programs/processes.
Teamwork – Contributes fully to the team effort and plays an integral part in the smooth running of teams without necessarily taking the lead
Flexibility – Modifies his or her approach to achieve a goal. Is open to change and new information; rapidly adapts to new information, changing conditions, or unexpected obstacles.
Leadership – Acts as a role model. Anticipates and plans for change. Communicates a vision to a team.
|Person Specification – Desired/Essential Criteria (D/E)|
|· Programme design works
· Knowledge of methodology and sequencing process in delivering a construction project including design and pre-construction activities
· Understanding of design requirements for procurement and construction purposes
· Understanding of contractual requirements of the contracts
· Ability to drive issues through to completion
· Up to date relevant knowledge of building legislation
· Up to date construction industry knowledge
|Context of the Role
(eg single / multiple clients or sites, considerable travel, unsociable hours)
|Whilst this will be an office based role, the successful D&B Manager will be expected to visit all sites for which he/she is responsible and for liason with other members of both the J.Tomlinson Construction Teams & client teams.|
What We Offer
In return we offer a competitive salary depending on experience and qualifications. We also offer attractive benefits that include pension, holiday purchasing scheme and life assurance.
How to Apply
To apply for this role please ensure that you fit the eligibility criteria above. Send your cv and a covering letter using the form below. We look forward to hearing from you.
Due to a high volume of applications we receive we regret that we cannot respond to each one and may only contact you if your application is successful.
J Tomlinson is proud to be recognised as a Disability Confident Committed employer. We are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.