J Tomlinson is an established, privately-owned company with a substantial heritage and wealth of experience in delivering integrated building solutions tailored to public and private sector clients. Due to our continued success and on-going commitment to providing a world-class service to our customers, we are looking to recruit an Electrician.
Our extensive portfolio of services includes the provision of Care, Commercial Refurbishment, Repairs and Maintenance, Engineering Services, Regeneration Programmes, Energy Efficiency and Renewables, and Facilities Management. We offer a totally integrated building solution.
|Objectives / Purpose of the Role|
|Due to continued growth within our repairs and maintenance division we are seeking an electrician who will be required to carry out accurate and high-quality work to fulfil the contract needs. 40 hrs basic plus overtime and callout.|
Adhere to the EAWR 1989 and the J Tomlinson Electrical Safety Management System (ESMS)
Dealing with customers in a professional manner. Liaise with tenants keeping them informed of works that may be undertaken. Promote J Tomlinson in a manner likely to maximise possible future work opportunities.
|· Perseverance – Pursues goals despite obstacles and/or challenges.
· Service Orientation – Creates customer loyalty through courteous, timely, and helpful service.
· Influence – persuades others to a desired result.
· Information Analysis – Gathers, organises, and analyses diverse sources of information.
· Quality Orientation – Emphasizes producing quality works and/or meeting quality standards.
· Safety – Follows safety precautions and displays safe on-the-job behaviour, promotes a safe working environment.
· Following Procedures – Adheres to directions, policies, and/or legal guidelines
|Person Specification – Desired/Essential Criteria (D/E)|
· Level 3 technical qualification e.g., C&G 236 A & B or C&G 2360 Part 1 & 2 or C&G 2330 Level 2 & 3 or C&G 2351 (all 8 units) or C&G 2365 or EAL Electrotechnical 600/9331/6 or equivalent (E)
· AM2 or NVQ level 3 in electrotechnical discipline or NVQ Level 3 mature candidate or “grandfather rights” (E)
· C&G 2382 17th or 18TH Edition Update or equivalent (E)
· ECS H&S test (E) Training will be required if not already in place.
· Asbestos Awareness (E) Training will be required if not already in place.
· C&G 2391 testing qualification or Equivalent (E).
· Minimum of 3 Years in the electrical industry working at an unsupervised practical level relevant to the “Business Unit” above (E)
· Must have a good working knowledge of domestic electrical installations including relevant sections of the building regulations (E)
· Experience of completing Domestic Electrical Installation Condition Reports (E)
· Experience with wiring systems associated with boilers and renewable technology (D)
· Good IT skills (E)
What We Offer
In return we offer a competitive salary depending on experience and qualifications. We also offer attractive benefits that include pension, holiday purchasing scheme and life assurance.
How to Apply
To apply for this role please ensure that you fit the eligibility criteria above. Send your cv and a covering letter using the form below. We look forward to hearing from you.
Due to a high volume of applications we receive we regret that we cannot respond to each one and may only contact you if your application is successful.
J Tomlinson is proud to be recognised as a Disability Confident Committed employer. We are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.