Domestic Gas Contracts Manager
J Tomlinson is an established, privately-owned company with a substantial heritage and wealth of experience in delivering integrated building solutions tailored to public and private sector clients. Due to our continued success and on-going commitment to providing a world-class service to our customers, we are looking to recruit Domestic Gas Contracts Manager.
Our extensive portfolio of services includes the provision of Construction, Commercial Refurbishment, Repairs and Maintenance, Engineering Services, Regeneration Programmes, Energy Efficiency and Renewables, and Facilities Management. We offer a totally integrated building solution.
|To execute the contract assigned professionally in accordance with the agreed specification and requirements in the most cost-effective manner whilst complying with all current legislation/engineering standards and company procedures.
To ensure at all times that the likelihood of repeat business from the clients is maximised and client satisfaction/contract compliance is maintained.
|· Lead and manage a high-performance department through the application of good people management principles and practices.
· Achieve or exceed Key Performance Indicators and Service Level Agreements set by the client
· Ensure all Client complaints are dealt with and responded to within the client’s proces.
· Attend all client required meetings.
· Recruit, induct, develop and retain high calibre staff at all levels who will be committed to the delivery of exceptional customer service.
· Performance manage all direct report staff and sub-contractors in accordance with their job description and/or the requirements of the business and the needs of the clients and tenants.
· Carry out staff One to One’s for all direct reports at least 1 per Month and ensure that staff appraisals are carried out for all members of the contract team on an annual basis.
· Ensure all works on a given contract are carried out in accordance with the agreed specification and to all correct appropriate building standards, good working practices and current relevant legislation.
· Assist the commercial team with the cost-effective procurement of both materials and subcontractors in accordance with relevant Company procedures and tendering process stages.
· Ensure there is a cost-effective allocation/resourcing of labour requirements to suit the requirements of the contract and the tender costs.
· Ensure that labour costs are closely monitored at all times.
· Continually review all processes and procedures.
· Ensure all defects are dealt with promptly.
· Ensure a high standard of service delivery of both directly delivered and sub contracted services.
· Develop and maintain good relationships with the client representatives and customers as appropriate.
· Ensure that the operating budget delivers the business expectations in terms of target turnover and profit
· Identify opportunities to improve financial performance.
· Identify opportunities for contract improvement/expansion and discuss with client and line manager for implementation or development
· Carry out any other duties necessary for the delivery of the service.
|Decision Making – Uses sound judgement to make timely and effective decisions;
Managing Performance – Monitors performance, providing feedback for improvement when needed;
Resource Management – Coordinates people and materials to maximise productivity and efficiency
Financial Acumen – Demonstrates keen insight and application of budgeting, financial policies and procedures;
Problem Solving – Identifies solutions given available information
Service Orientation – Creates customer loyalty through courteous, timely and helpful service;
|Person Specification – Desired/Essential Criteria (D/E)|
|· Formal technical qualification, such as NVQ, City and Guilds within trade background (E)
· Supervisory training: CITB Site Supervisor Safety Training Scheme (SSSTS) or SMSTS (E)
· At least 7 years’ experience within the construction industry (D)
· Asbestos Awareness (E)
· CSCS Card – Supervisor (E)
· Full UK driving licence (E)
· IT Literate (Outlook EXCEL, Word) (E)
· Experience in NHF Schedule of Rates or Equivalent Rates (D)
· Contract delivery on Price Per Property /Price per Void
Apply for this Job
If you wish to apply for this position please ensure you fit the criteria above. Please send a CV and covering letter stating why you would be an excellent candidate for the role using the form below.
Due to a high volume of applications we receive we regret that we cannot respond to everyone and may only contact you if your application is successful.
J Tomlinson is proud to be recognised as a Disability Confident Committed employer. We are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.