J Tomlinson is an established, privately-owned company with a substantial heritage and wealth of experience in delivering integrated building solutions tailored to public and private sector clients. Due to our continued success and on-going commitment to providing a world-class service to our customers, we are looking to recruit 3 Domestic Gas Engineers
Our extensive portfolio of services includes the provision of Construction, Commercial Refurbishment, Repairs and Maintenance, Mechanical and Electrical engineering (M&E), Regeneration Programmes, Energy Efficiency and Renewables, and Facilities Management. We offer a totally integrated building solution.
Due to our continued growth, we are looking for Domestic Gas Engineers across the Yorkshire region including York, Doncaster and Barnsley. The role is a full time, 40 hour position. Standard hours are currently 8am – 4.30pm with a 30 minute unpaid lunch break. However, we welcome applicants who wish to work from anywhere between 8am – 12pm and finish from 5pm to 8pm.
Carry out day to day responsive & planned repairs for gas appliances, central heating & domestic water systems work within your department. To ensure high levels of customer satisfaction and achieving high levels of first time fix in line with key performance indicators.
• To undertake all heating gas & water repairs to the system this includes draining down and replacing any component contained within that system at the time of the first visit or any subsequent visit; appropriate time will be allowed for this works.
• To undertake a gas appliance service/smoke alarm service at the time of repair visit; where instructed.
• Source appropriate materials, where instructed.
• Manage and keep an accurate record of your van stock.
• Surveying of works, where instructed.
• Work on the Departmental / Company call out rota to cover all contracts within the department / company; calls will be issued based upon geographical location.
• Ensure the safe keeping of all company equipment and it is used and maintained in an appropriate manner & all problems / defects are reported in line with procedures.
• Ensure all work is carried out to a high quality, is technically correct, and is in line with Company, Client and manufacturing requirements.
• Any instances of poor or unsafe working should be reported to the Gas Supervisor and/or Contracts Manager.
• Ensure that all customers are treated in a professional and courteous manner.
• Ensure that all work records are correctly completed and are submitted on a daily basis.
• Ensure that all the Company image is professionally portrayed by ensuring corporate uniform is worn at all times and is well presented, ID badges are displayed, and Company vehicles are clean.
• Provide emergency out-of-hours cover as required.
• Ensure full compliance with the Company Health & Safety Policy and all current legislation.
• Plumbing Apprenticeship or NVQ 2 Domestic Plumbing
• CCN1, CENWAT, CKR1, HTR1 Domestic Gas
• Gas Safe Card
• Asbestos Awareness
• EEDH (Energy Efficiency for Domestic Gas Installers)
• Full UK Driving Licence