Electrical Qualifying Supervisor
J Tomlinson is an established, privately-owned company with a substantial heritage and wealth of experience in delivering integrated building solutions tailored to public and private sector clients. Due to our continued success and on-going commitment to providing a world-class service to our customers, we are looking to recruit an Electrical Qualifying Supervisor.
Our extensive portfolio of services includes the provision of Care, Commercial Refurbishment, Repairs and Maintenance, Engineering Services, Regeneration Programmes, Energy Efficiency and Renewables, and Facilities Management. We offer a totally integrated building solution.
Due to increasing works within our Regeneration department, an excellent opportunity has arisen for an Electrical QS to join our team in Beeston, Nottingham.
This will be a permanent and full time position at 40 hours per week 8am – 5.00pm Monday to Friday.
As an Electrical QS your core responsibilities will involve:
- To complete Quality and H&S checks of in progress and completed works in accordance to the frequency set out by the J Tomlinson ESMS. To ensure any non-conformances are closed out in a timely manner and to identify any additional training requirements
- To ensure that direct employed electricians and electrical sub-contractors are competent to complete electrical works including any competencies required for a specific type of electrical work
- To complete reviews of all electrical forms to ensure they are compliant with the relevant British Standard and NICEIC requirements
- To provide Technical support to the electrical workforce and office based staff including regular TBT’s and technical bulletins
- Engage with Sub-contractors to ensure J Tomlinson and industry standards are being upheld
- To attend pre let/Pre start/site meetings, when required to assist with electrical specifications and tenders
- To assist with the procurement of materials and labour for a particular project/contract when required
- To attend divisional H&S and quarterly electric hub meetings and to assist with annual and interim NICEIC audits
- To assist with electrical incident investigation and writing of reports
- To sit on the interview panel when recruiting direct electrical employees
- Review RAMS for electrical works
- Ensure compliance with the J Tomlinson ESMS procedures/rules
- Willingness to work out of normal business hours as required
- Ensure customer satisfaction at all times.
- Ensure complaints are dealt with in accordance with the company complaints procedures. Promote J Tomlinson in a manner which is likely to maximise possible future work opportunities.
- Comply with the Company Procedures and protect the Company’s interests at all times
- Ensure you comply with the company vehicle and IT policy, reporting any defects to a manager
- Any other duties commensurate with the level of the post
- Level 3 technical qualification e.g. C&G 236 A & B or C&G2360 Part 1 & 2 or 2330 Level 2 & 3 or C&G 2351 (all 8 units) or C&G 2365 or EAL Electrotechnical 600/9331/6 or equivalent (E)
- NVQ level 3 in electrotechnical discipline or NVQ Level 3 mature candidate or “grandfather rights” (E)
- C&G 2382 17th Edition Update or equivalent (E)
- C&G 2382 18th Edition update or equivalent (D)
- C&G 2391 or C&G 2394 & C&G 2395 Inspection and Testing or equivalent (E)
- ECS Gold card or this must be obtained within the probationary period (E)
- ECS H&S test (D)
- C&G Design or equivalent. The candidate must be able to obtain this qualification within the 1st 12 months of employment (E)
- NICEIC QS training course (D)
- Asbestos Awareness (D)
- First Aid (D)
- IOSH Managing Safely, SSSTS or SSMTS (D)
- Minimum of 5 Years in the electrical industry relevant to the “Business Unit” above (E)
- Electrical supervisory experience (E)
- Must have a good working knowledge of electrical installation at all levels an proven experience in the supervision of electrical personnel (E)
- Previously an NICEIC QS (D)
- Working with Microsoft Office products (E)
What We Offer
In return we offer a competitive salary depending on experience and qualifications. We also offer attractive benefits that include pension and life assurance.
How to Apply
To apply for this role please ensure that you fit the eligibility criteria above. Send your cv and a covering letter to the form below. We look forward to hearing from you.
Due to a high volume of applications we receive we regret that we cannot respond to everyone and may only contact you if your application is successful.
J Tomlinson is proud to be recognised as a Disability Confident Committed employer. We are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.