Electrical Qualifying Supervisor
J Tomlinson is an established, privately-owned company with a substantial heritage and wealth of experience in delivering integrated building solutions tailored to public and private sector clients. Due to our continued success and on-going commitment to providing a world-class service to our customers, we are looking to recruit a Electrical Qualifying Supervisor in our Regeneration Department.
Our extensive portfolio of services includes the provision of Construction, Commercial Refurbishment, Repairs and Maintenance, Mechanical and Electrical Engineering (M&E), Regeneration Programmes, Energy Efficiency and Renewables, and Facilities Management. We offer a totally integrated building solution.
Ensure complaints are dealt with in accordance with the company complaints procedures. Promote J Tomlinson in a manner which is likely to maximise possible future work opportunities.
|· Perseverance – Pursues goals despite obstacles and/or challenges
· Service Orientation – Creates customer loyalty through courteous, timely, and helpful service
· Influence – persuades others to a desired result
· Information Analysis – Gathers, organises, and analyses diverse sources of information
· Quality Orientation – Emphasizes producing quality works and/or meeting quality standards
· Safety – Follows safety precautions and displays safe on-the-job behaviour, promotes a safe working environment
· Following Procedures – Adheres to directions, policies, and/or legal guidelines
|Person Specification – Desired/Essential Criteria (D/E)|
· Level 3 technical qualification e.g. C&G 236 A & B or C&G2360 Part 1 & 2 or 2330 Level 2 & 3 or C&G 2351 (all 8 units) or C&G 2365 or EAL Electrotechnical 600/9331/6 or equivalent (E)
· NVQ level 3 in electrotechnical discipline or NVQ Level 3 mature candidate or “grandfather rights” (E)
· C&G 2382 17th Edition Update or equivalent (E)
· C&G 2382 18th Edition update or equivalent (D)
· C&G 2391 or C&G 2394 & C&G 2395 Inspection and Testing or equivalent (E)
· ECS Gold card or this must be obtained within the probationary period (E)
· ECS H&S test (D)
· C&G Design or equivalent. The candidate must be able to obtain this qualification within the 1st 12 months of employment (E)
· NICEIC QS training course (D)
· Asbestos Awareness (D)
· First Aid (D)
· IOSH Managing Safely, SSSTS or SSMTS (D)
· Minimum of 5 Years in the electrical industry relevant to the “Business Unit” above (E)
· Electrical supervisory experience (E)
· Must have a good working knowledge of electrical installation at all levels an proven experience in the supervision of electrical personnel (E)
· Previously an NICEIC QS (D)
· Working with Microsoft Office products (E)
Apply for this Job
If you wish to apply for this position please ensure you fit the criteria above. Please send a CV and covering letter stating why you would be an excellent candidate for the role using the form below.
Due to a high volume of applications we receive we regret that we cannot respond to everyone and may only contact you if your application is successful.
J Tomlinson is proud to be recognised as a Disability Confident Committed employer. We are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.