J Tomlinson is an established, privately-owned company with a substantial heritage and wealth of experience in delivering integrated building solutions tailored to public and private sector clients. Due to our continued success and on-going commitment to providing a world-class service to our customers, we are looking to recruit Electrician
Our extensive portfolio of services includes the provision of Construction, Commercial Refurbishment, Repairs and Maintenance, Engineering Services, Regeneration Programmes, Energy Efficiency and Renewables, and Facilities Management. We offer a totally integrated building solution.
Adhere to the EAWR 1989 and the J Tomlinson Electrical Safety Management System (ESMS)
|· Perseverance – Pursues goals despite obstacles and/or challenges
· Service Orientation – Creates customer loyalty through courteous, timely, and helpful service
· Influence – persuades others to a desired result
· Information Analysis – Gathers, organises, and analyses diverse sources of information
· Quality Orientation – Emphasizes producing quality works and/or meeting quality standards
· Safety – Follows safety precautions and displays safe on-the-job behaviour, promotes a safe working environment
· Following Procedures – Adheres to directions, policies, and/or legal guidelines
|Person Specification – Desired/Essential Criteria (D/E)|
· Level 3 technical qualification e.g. C&G 236 A & B or C&G2360 Part 1 & 2 or 2330 Level 2 & 3 or C&G 2351 (all 8 units) or C&G 2365 or EAL Electrotechnical 600/9331/6 or equivalent (E)
· AM2 (E)
· NVQ level 3 in electrotechnical discipline or NVQ Level 3 mature candidate or “grandfather rights” (E)
· C&G 2382 17th Edition Update or equivalent (E)
· C&G 2382 18th Edition update or equivalent (D)
· ECS Gold card or this must be obtained within the probationary period (E)
· ECS H&S test (D)
· Asbestos Awareness (D)
· First Aid (D)
· Minimum of 3 Years in the electrical industry working at a practical level relevant to the “Business Unit” above (E)
· Must have a good working knowledge of new and aged commercial electrical installations, 3 phase installations and relevant sections of the building regulations (E)
· Must have experience working with commercial fire alarms and emergency lighting installations/maintenance (D)
· Experience with wiring systems associated with boilers and renewable technology (D)
· Good IT skills (E)
Apply for this Job
If you wish to apply for this position please ensure you fit the criteria above. Please send a CV and covering letter stating why you would be an excellent candidate for the role using the form below.
Due to a high volume of applications we receive we regret that we cannot respond to everyone and may only contact you if your application is successful.
J Tomlinson is proud to be recognised as a Disability Confident Committed employer. We are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.