J Tomlinson is a family-owned business and began as an electrical contracting business in the 1950s. The company has grown and expanded considerably over the past 60 years, and are experts in delivering integrated building solutions, from design and build through to refurbishment and repair.
We were recently named Company of the Year at the 2017 Nottingham Post Business Awards as a testament to our success and social values, and believe heavily in placing our people, customers, and the communities we work within the heart of everything we do.
Due to our continued success and on-going commitment to providing a world-class service to our customers, we are looking to recruit Domestic Electricians.
Due to continued growth within our Repairs and Maintenance and Planned Maintenance Departments we are seeking an Electrician who will be required to carry out accurate and high-quality works fulfilling the contract needs.
This will be a full time and permanent position at 40 hours per week. Working hours will be 8.00am –5.00pm and will require you to be part of a call out rota which means out of hours work will be required. The role will be based around multiple locations around Wakefield area. The successful candidate will be subject to a mandatory DBS/CRB check before commencing works.
As an experienced Electrician, your core responsibilities will involve:
- Electrical works on domestic social housing.
- Working as part of a small, dedicated team.
- Undertaking periodic testing and inspection works.
- Adhering to current Health and Safety legislation and practices.
- Dealing with customers in a professional and courteous manner.
- To promote a safe working environment and support the companies Health and Safety Policies and procedures on site. Report any non- conformances of Health and Safety to a supervisor.
- Ensure that when working on contracts that you have the correct equipment, that you are wearing a J Tomlinson corporate uniform, that you are displaying your ID badge and adhering to the site safety manual.
- Ensure that you comply with the company vehicle and mobile phone and tablet procedures and report any defective working equipment to a supervisor.
- Ensure that your quality of work is always aligned to and compliant with the contract requirements, and you report any poor-quality workmanship to a supervisor, using the appropriate quality inspection form.
- To work within the allocated labour resources, plan on site and report any variation works to the site supervisor.
- Liaise with the clients and keep them informed of works that may be undertaken and promote the company ethos and values always.
- Any other duties commensurate with the level of the post.
The ideal candidate must have:
- Working knowledge of Part P, practical experience and qualifications (AM2 or NVQ3)
- Hold City & Guilds 2330, 2360 at level 3 or equivalent
- Hold BS7671 17TH Edition Update
- Hold Inspect & Testing qualifications – City & Guilds 2391 or 2394 & 2395
- Minimal of 3 years’ experience in domestic electrical installation works
- Minimal of 3 years’ experience in periodic Inspection & Testing works
- Be polite and courteous with good customer service skills
The following would be advantageous but not essential:
- A valid Asbestos Awareness licence
- ECS Gold Card
- 18th Edition update
- Renewables experience
Previous experience as an Electrician.
Safety – Follows safety precautions and displays safe on-the-job behaviour.
Service Orientation – Creates customer loyalty through courteous, timely, and helpful service.
Following Procedures – Adheres to directions, policies and/or legal guidelines.
Stress Tolerance – Handles pressure without getting upset, moody or anxious.
Planning / Organising – Coordinates and directs routine activities effectively.
Communication – ability to listen to the concerns and needs of others and relay information accordingly.
In return we offer a competitive salary that will be dependent upon your experiences and qualifications. We also offer attractive benefits that include: pension, life assurance, tablet, mobile phone and a company van.
To apply for this role please ensure that you fit the eligibility criteria above. Send your cv and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you.
Due to a high volume of applications we receive we regret that we cannot respond to everyone and may only contact you if your application is successful.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.