J Tomlinson is an established, privately-owned company with a substantial heritage and wealth of experience in delivering integrated building solutions tailored to public and private sector clients. Due to our continued success and on-going commitment to providing a world-class service to our customers, we are looking to recruit an Estimator.
Our extensive portfolio of services includes the provision of Construction, Commercial Refurbishment, Repairs and Maintenance, Mechanical and Electrical Engineering (M&E), Regeneration Programmes, Energy Efficiency and Renewables, and Facilities Management. We offer a totally integrated building solution.
|· Review of tender information for accuracy and completeness
· Downloading tender documents if required in busy periods
· Take off and measurement to produce Bill of Quants/checks on measures
· Review of ground conditions and SI
· Support in the production of Constraints Plan
· Review Service and Utilities quotations and capacities
· Develop relationships with the Client PM/EA and consultants as required
· Bill preparation as required
· Production of benchmark rates
· Engaging with peer consultants to undertake peer reviews/checks
· Preparation of supply chain lists
· Production of the Prelim book supported by the Pre Construction Manager
· Review the construction programme
· Issue of enquiries with support of administrator
· Chasing of subcontractor returns
· Management of clarifications and co-ordination of these with the by Pre Construction Manager
· Analysis of subcontractor returns with support operationally and in terms of design
· Review of the subcontract database
· Providing key dashboard and reporting information as required
· Meeting with key subcontractors – Arrange and lead these meetings supported by Pre Construction Manager
· Maintaining good relationships with subcontractors – including return of feedback
· Engaging in tender launches and adjudications
· Engagement with bid team to ensure timely production of submission information
· Management of post tender clarifications and production of post tender information
· Review of any contract/LOI/PCSA documents for accuracy
· Handover of the project if successful to the Operations Team
· Understanding fully site constraints
· Detailed review of tender documents, including review of specs/drawings/reports/legals
What We Offer
In return we offer a competitive salary that will be dependent upon your experiences and qualifications as an Estimator.
You will be given the option of a company car or car allowance, including company laptop and phone. We also offer attractive benefits that include pension, life assurance and a comprehensive Employee Assistance Programme.
Apply for this Job
If you wish to apply for this position please ensure you fit the criteria above. Please send a CV and covering letter stating why you would be an excellent candidate for the role using the form below.
Due to a high volume of applications we receive we regret that we cannot respond to everyone and may only contact you if your application is successful.
J Tomlinson is proud to be recognised as a Disability Confident Committed employer. We are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.