Gas Technical Manager
J Tomlinson is an established, privately-owned company with a substantial heritage and wealth of experience in delivering integrated building solutions tailored to public and private sector clients. Due to our continued success and on-going commitment to providing a world-class service to our customers, we are looking to recruit a Gas Technical Manager.
Our extensive portfolio of services includes the provision of Care, Commercial Refurbishment, Repairs and Maintenance, Engineering Services, Regeneration Programmes, Energy Efficiency and Renewables, and Facilities Management. We offer a totally integrated building solution.
|Job Title||Gas Technical Manager|
|Issue Date||March 2021|
|Objectives / Purpose of Role|
|To support both internal staff and Engineers on Gas Safety and Technical advice. To also support the Gas Contracts Managers on day to day issues.|
|· Communication – To communicate clearly and effectively with a diverse range of people; tailoring style to suit the audience and promote free flowing communication.
· Team Work – Working effectively with others, as a team leader or team member, encouraging team work and supporting others.
· Results Orientation – Demonstrating a commitment to achieve results against required standards.
· Planning & Organising – Ability to think ahead, plan, prioritise and schedule activities, along with monitoring and controlling outcomes.
· Problem Solving – The ability to identify issues, obstacles and opportunities. The individual must also develop and implement effective solutions.
· Managing Change – Seeking ways to bring about improvements in the way that work is done. The individual must also accept new, innovative ways of doing tasks.
· Coaching & Development – Facilitating learning and development to improve performance, skills and behaviours.
· Impact & Influencing – The ability to persuade or influence others without coercion or force.
· Strategic Thinking – The ability to envisage and progress towards long term objectives.
· Decision Making – The ability to analyse, define and justify options, and propose appropriate decisions.
· Commercial & Business Knowledge – The ability to interpret and understand business needs at individual, departmental, organisational or sector level.
|Experience and Knowledge|
|A minimum of 10 yrs experience working on Gas repairs in a similar environment (Preferably social housing if Domestic)
To have an excellent knowledge of various types of Heating systems.
Full ACS Qualifications, Renewables would be advantageous.
Must be approachable and easy to get along with by Clients and Internal staff.
To be able to work well under pressure and to be able to hit tight deadlines set by his/her peers.
|Core Values and Behaviours|
|(delete as applicable – choose around 5 core values that are required for this position. These are taken from the J Tomlinson One Team Wheel)
· Being Authentic – Being open and honest and ensuring that everything is done with integrity. The individual must work within the team to solve the issue and find a solution.
· Valuing and Appreciating Everyone – The understanding that by having a diverse mix of skills, ideas and qualities, performance will be enhanced.
· Customer Plus – Satisfaction must be provided to everyone, whether that be internal or external. Customers are put first in everything that we do.
· People Realising their Potential – Encouraging others at being the best that they can be. The employee needs to be talented and have a range of skills and experience to achieve what is required and above.
· Delivering on Our Promises – Having the ability to listen, check expectation and agree the commitment that is required, ensuring that this takes place.
· Providing a Safe and Happy Place to be – Ensuring that the environment that every individual is working in is a safe and enjoyable place to be.
· Living our Values – An individual has every right to be a value.
· Looking Forward – Identifying opportunities, threats and changes that require an action.
· The Buzz – The ability to generate excitement, passion and pride within the work place.
· Anything is Possible – ensuring that every opportunity and benefit is grasped by the company and by the individual.
· Ownership – Leading by example and setting high standards of conduct and behaviour within the business.
· Integrated Solutions – The involvement of everyone in problem solving to ensure that individuals have freedom, flexibility and space to be innovative and inventive.
· Successful Relationships – The ability to create and maintain successful relationships, both internally and externally.
|J Tomlinson SOP|
What We Offer
In return we offer a competitive salary depending on experience and qualifications. We also offer attractive benefits that include pension and life assurance.
How to Apply
To apply for this role please ensure that you fit the eligibility criteria above. Send your cv and a covering letter to the form below. We look forward to hearing from you.
Due to a high volume of applications we receive we regret that we cannot respond to everyone and may only contact you if your application is successful.
J Tomlinson is proud to be recognised as a Disability Confident Committed employer. We are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.