Graduate BID Writer
J Tomlinson is an established, privately-owned company with a substantial heritage and wealth of experience in delivering integrated building solutions tailored to public and private sector clients. Due to our continued success and on-going commitment to providing a world-class service to our customers, we are looking to recruit a Graduate BID Writer.
Our extensive portfolio of services includes the provision of Construction, Commercial Refurbishment, Repairs and Maintenance, Mechanical and Electrical Engineering (M&E), Regeneration Programmes, Energy Efficiency and Renewables, and Facilities Management. We offer a totally integrated building solution.
The main purpose of this role is to develop to a point wherein you will be able to produce high-quality bid submissions to win contracts with between £0.5m to £20m in value. Bids will be across a range of services, covering construction, maintenance and M&E services. Key sectors include, social housing, emergency services, healthcare, education, renewables and retail.
We believe strongly in a “grow your own” philosophy. Therefore, we will invest the required time, effort and expense into you; ensuring that you realise your potential, whilst driving the company forward. You will be supported throughout this journey by an experienced and highly successful bid team; helping to develop skills to carry through your career.
The ideal candidate has a desire to learn, create and compete. They are well organised under pressure and work well in a team.
- Responding to questions in pre-qualification questionnaires and tenders.
- Planning, writing and responses to set deadlines.
- Working closely with the Bid Manager to assist in production of strategic bids.
- Designing creative submissions that stand out visually from competitors.
- Co-ordinating individuals across the business to secure timely input.
- Meticulous eye for detail during final review of submission.
- Researching clients to respond to their exact needs.
- Any other duties commensurate with level of the post.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Powerpoint and Microsoft Word.
- Examples of previous written responses.
- Demonstrate relevant work experience.
- Competitive – as a bid team we are competing against other companies. Candidates must have a desire to be the best, to continually improve and learn.
- Organised – the role requires excellent organisation and time management skills; developing and implementing an achievable bid plan over a 1-2-week period.
- Driven – self-motivated and driven to work independently where required.
- Positivity – brings confidence, resilience and positivity to the role.
- Teamwork – communicates well with others, is and active listener and willing to lead.
- Time management – works well to deadlines, setting out clear steps leading to an end product.
- Persuasive – uses persuasive language in an engaging manner, via a verbal and written format.
Apply for this Job
If you wish to apply for this position please ensure you fit the criteria above. Please send a CV and covering letter stating why you would be an excellent candidate for the role using the form below.
Due to a high volume of applications we receive we regret that we cannot respond to everyone and may only contact you if your application is successful.
J Tomlinson is proud to be recognised as a Disability Confident Committed employer. We are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.