J Tomlinson is an established, privately-owned company with a substantial heritage and wealth of experience in delivering integrated building solutions tailored to public and private sector clients. Due to our continued success and on-going commitment to providing a world-class service to our customers, we are looking to recruit a Graduate Bid Writer
Our extensive portfolio of services includes the provision of Construction, Commercial Refurbishment, Repairs and Maintenance, Mechanical and Electrical engineering , Regeneration Programmes, Energy Efficiency and Renewables, and Facilities Management. We offer a totally integrated building solution
The main purpose of this role is to develop to a point wherein you will be able to produce high-quality bid submissions to win contracts with between £0.5m to £20m in value. Bids will be across a range of services, covering construction, maintenance and M&E services. Key sectors include, social housing, emergency services, healthcare, education, renewables and retail.
We believe strongly in a “grow your own” philosophy. Therefore, we will invest the required time, effort and expense into you; ensuring that you realise your potential, whilst driving the company forward. You will be supported throughout this journey by an experienced and highly successful bid team; helping to develop skills to carry through your career.
The ideal candidate has a desire to learn, create and compete. They are well organised under pressure and work well in a team.
• Responding to questions in pre-qualification questionnaires and tenders.
• Planning, writing and responses to set deadlines.
• Working closely with the Bid Manager to assist in production of strategic bids.
• Designing creative submissions that stand out visually from competitors.
• Co-ordinating individuals across the business to secure timely input.
• Meticulous eye for detail during final review of submission.
• Researching clients to respond to their exact needs.
• Any other duties commensurate with level of the post.
• Familiarity with Microsoft Powerpoint and Microsoft Word.
• Examples of previous written responses.
• Demonstrate relevant work experience.
• Competitive – as a bid team we are competing against other companies. Candidates must have a desire to be the best, to continually improve and learn.
• Organised – the role requires excellent organisation and time management skills; developing and implementing an achievable bid plan over a 1-2-week period.
• Driven – self-motivated and driven to work independently where required.
• Positivity – brings confidence, resilience and positivity to the role.
• Teamwork – communicates well with others, is and active listener and willing to lead.
• Time management – works well to deadlines, setting out clear steps leading to an end product.
• Persuasive – uses persuasive language in an engaging manner, via a verbal and written format.
• Bachelor of Arts degree (2:1 or higher)
• GCSE English (Grade B or equivalent or higher)