HR & Training Administrator
J Tomlinson is an established, privately-owned company with a substantial heritage and wealth of experience in delivering integrated building solutions tailored to public and private sector clients. Due to our continued success and on-going commitment to providing a world-class service to our customers, we are looking to recruit a HR & Training Administrator.
Our extensive portfolio of services includes the provision of Construction, Commercial Refurbishment, Repairs and Maintenance, Mechanical and Electrical Engineering (M&E), Regeneration Programmes, Energy Efficiency and Renewables, and Facilities Management. We offer a totally integrated building solution.
Principle accountabilities will be the sourcing, facilitation and co-ordination of all internal and external training courses including hospitality, facilities and invites. Identifying training needs, in conjunction with the business leads and SHEQ, across all the business functions. This also extends into the management of the company annual appraisal programme to ensure everyone receives one and that their training needs are captured and progressed. Processing monthly KPI’s to aid continued growth within the training department and ensuring that SHE and critical training requirements are met. Supporting the business with its early careers programme, inclusive of the onboarding. Also responsible for updating and maintaining the Training Department databases including the Learning & Development Portal, ensuring hard and soft copies of all training files are kept up to date, whilst providing general administrative duties within the department.
|· Working with the business unit leads and SHEQ to ensure everyone receives the technical training they require to meet contractual needs and legislative compliance.
· Capturing new training requirements from change in skill base, personal development, TUPE and new starters.
· Capturing the fallout of any leavers re cancellation of training and cost recovery notifications to payroll.
· Maintaining a central repository of learning materials and definitions.
· Keeping up to speed with legislative changes and ensuring the changes are reflected in the training requirements and training offerings.
· Co-ordinating the logistical elements of course booking, venue hire, and instructor management.
· Liaison with external suppliers to source and arrange training.
· Maintaining an accurate HR and Training database that provides quality management information in a timely manner, including input and updates of data into HR system.
· Producing Monthly Reports, Presentations, etc.
· Working within the requirements of departmental KPIs for adherence to training schedules.
· Maintain document filing, storage and retrieval systems (electronic and hard copy as required).
· Liaising with Clients, Staff, Suppliers, training establishments, Colleges.
· Issuing joining instructions.
· Closely monitoring and controlling participant swaps, cancellations, no shows and re-bookings.
· Dealing with participants varied queries and issues.
· Processing training-related invoices.
· Processing attendance records to assist with monitoring of completion of training and updating of Continuing Professional Development records.
· Management and control of the company appraisal scheme.
· Sourcing training providers/material to support individuals’ personal development programmes.
· Onboarding of all company early careers personnel.
· Other L&D administrative tasks which may arise on an ad hoc basis.
Apply for this Job
If you wish to apply for this position please ensure you fit the criteria above. Please send a CV and covering letter stating why you would be an excellent candidate for the role using the form below.
Due to a high volume of applications we receive we regret that we cannot respond to everyone and may only contact you if your application is successful.
J Tomlinson is proud to be recognised as a Disability Confident Committed employer. We are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.