J Tomlinson is an established, privately-owned company with a substantial heritage and wealth of experience in delivering integrated building solutions tailored to public and private sector clients. Due to our continued success and on-going commitment to providing a world-class service to our customers, we are looking to recruit 2 experienced HVAC mates.
Our extensive portfolio of services includes the provision of Construction, Commercial Refurbishment, Repairs and Maintenance, Mechanical and Electrical engineering (M&E), Regeneration Programmes, Energy Efficiency and Renewables, and Facilities Management. We offer a totally integrated building solution.
The role of the HVAC mate is to carry out installation of HVAC systems in line with current regulations, industry and manufacturer standards and the company’s standard operating procedures, ensuring high levels of customer satisfaction in line with the given time scales and programme.
The role will require travel and staying away from home on a job by job basis as it is generally construction site based but can be customer-facing in occupied buildings, therefore you will be acting as an ambassador of the Company.
• To work closely with the engineer ensuring all processes being undertaken are fully understood.
• Load / unload the tools and materials to /from site as required and ensure work area is kept clean & tidy and material are stored in a safe and organised manner.
• Ensure full compliance with the company health & safety policy and all legislation.
• Provide fire watch when the engineer is brazing and for the following hour afterwards.
• Only undertake work for which you are competent, qualified/trained for.
• Ensuring that the works are undertaken in an efficient, proactive and tidy manner.
• Assist in the lifting of equipment to final position including using lifting equipment.
• Using tower scaffolds, ladders etc to access the working area.
• Maintain the company image by ensuring corporate uniform is worn at all times and is well presented. ID badges are displayed, and company vehicles are clean.
• Ensure all work is carried out to a high quality, is technically correct and is in line with company, client and manufacturers requirements.
• Carry out any other ad hoc duties within responsibility.
• Be prepared to undertake training as and when required.
• All work to be checked by the engineer.
• Ensure the safe keeping of all company equipment and it is used and maintained in an appropriate manner & all problems / defects are reported in line with procedures.
• Ensure all hired in equipment is checked on delivery and collection, kept together on site until collected / off hired.
• Any instances of poor or unsafe working should be reported to the Supervisor and/or Contracts Manager.
• Ensure that all customers are treated in a professional and courteous manner.
• Ensure that all work records are correctly completed and are submitted on a weekly basis.
• Perseverance – Pursues goals despite obstacles and/or challenges
• Service Orientation – Creates customer loyalty through courteous, timely, and helpful service
• Influence – persuades others to a desired result
• Information Analysis – Gathers, organises, and analyses diverse sources of information
• Quality Orientation – Emphasizes producing quality products and/or meeting quality standards
• Safety – Follows safety precautions and displays safe on-the-job behaviour
• Following Procedures – Adheres to directions, policies, and/or legal guidelines
• Full UK Driving Licence (E)
• CSCS Card – Skilled Worker (D)
• Asbestos Awareness (D)
• NVQ 2 Air Conditioning (D) or equivalent
• Braising (D)
• Minimum of 1 Year in a similar engineering role (E)