Tomlinson is an established, privately-owned company with a substantial heritage and wealth of experience in delivering integrated building solutions tailored to public and private sector clients. Due to our continued success and on-going commitment to providing a world-class service to our customers, we are looking to recruit an IT Apprentice.
Our extensive portfolio of services includes the provision of Construction, Commercial Refurbishment, Repairs and Maintenance, Mechanical and Electrical Engineering (M&E), Regeneration Programmes, Energy Efficiency and Renewables, and Facilities Management. We offer a totally integrated building solution.
This will be a full-time position at 40 hours a week. Hours will be 8:00am to 5:00pm. You will be based at our Head Office in Beeston, Nottingham. You will be perusing a level 3 apprenticeship in IT infrastructure technician and this will last for 15 Months.
Your duties will include:
- Helpdesk – Provide first time fix solutions to support issues to meet users requirements, within agreed SLAs. Set and manage user expectations appropriately, and ensure all 2nd/3rd line issues are escalated to the relevant team for investigation.
- Procurement – Assist in maintaining an agreed level of stock for common hardware, software, peripherals and consumables, to ensure a consistent service to the business.
- Deployment – Configure, setup and deploy standard IT hardware to business users.
- Maintenance – Assist in maintaining IT systems to ensure they operate as effectively as possible, and remain supportable by the software provider. Where appropriate, maintain the servers/environment which host IT systems.
- Infrastructure – Assist in supporting the IT infrastructure (hardware, software and network/communications) maintaining maximum availability, including the documentation of these systems.
- Policies and Procedures – Follow, and assist with the review of company procedures.
The ideal candidate will hold:
- Able to communicate at all levels within the company and prioritise their work to best effect.
- ‘Hands on’, flexible and pro-active approach and a willingness to learn.
- Positive, self-motivated team player, with good attention to detail.
- Have knowledge of and an interest in IT and desktop support.
- Demonstrate an understanding of PC hardware set-up and configuration.
- Be a strong trouble shooter / problem solver
The strategy is to use Microsoft products for front and back office together with applications from other vendors to meet specific business needs. Exposure to the following environments will be gained.
- Workstation Platforms: Microsoft Windows Desktop OS, Windows 7, 10.
- Software Packages: Microsoft Office, Anti-Virus, Citrix XenDesktop and similar environments.
- Server Platforms: Microsoft Server Technologies and Virtualisation.
- Networking: A basic understanding of TCP/IP networking
Apply for this Job
If you wish to apply for this position please ensure you fit the criteria above. Please send a CV and covering letter stating why you would be an excellent candidate for the role using the form below.
Due to a high volume of applications we receive we regret that we cannot respond to everyone and may only contact you if your application is successful.
J Tomlinson is proud to be recognised as a Disability Confident Committed employer. We are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.