IT Service Manager
J Tomlinson is an established, privately-owned company with a substantial heritage and wealth of experience in delivering integrated building solutions tailored to public and private sector clients. Our extensive portfolio of services includes the provision of Construction, Refurbishment, Repairs and Maintenance, Engineering Services, Regeneration Programmes, Energy Efficiency and Renewables, and Facilities Management. We offer a totally integrated building solution.
An exciting opportunity has become available whereby we are looking for an IT Service Manager to join our Group Information Systems team in Beeston, Nottingham.
To provide J Tomlinson with an efficient, cost effective and measurable IT service that meets the ever-changing business needs, through both personal contribution and that of the IT Services team
- Provide IT Support services for all systems and local infrastructure.
- Provide manned helpdesk support 8am to 5 pm Monday to Friday and outside of those hours as necessary
- Line management responsibility for IT Support staff.
- Manage investments within departmental budget, including staff payroll
- Support employees using laptops, pc’s and servers across all sites
- IT Staff – Manage, support, motivate and develop the IT Service team to meet the company requirements, including objective setting, team building, performance appraisals, discipline, morale, recruitment, training requirements etc.
- Helpdesk – Ensure that an adequate helpdesk service is provided which is efficient, cost effective, measured and meets the business needs. Ensuring all Service initiatives map to and adhere to ITIL standard practice.
- Budget – Help manage the IT budget, ensuring that all expenditure is approved and within agreed budget, including the budgeting and tracking of capital and revenue expenditure, maintaining a 12 month forecast.
- Policies & Procedures – Design, develop, implement and follow IT policies, strategies and standards to support both the IT team and the business.
- Projects – Ensure IT projects are completed within specification, to satisfactory quality, on time and within budget, with a full and auditable change control system.
- IT Infrastructure – Manage (monitor, support, document and develop) the IT infrastructure (hardware, software, network and services) to provide an appropriate, manageable, cost effective, and reliable solution to meet the business needs, including identification of risk, security issues and disaster recovery.
- Training – Provide formal user based training when required (usually new employee inductions or after the introduction of new applications). Also provide ‘on job’ training for the support team (skills transfer).
Important Working Relationships
- Form, build and maintain relationships with internal business managers to understand their requirements and to ensure that IT Services provides and sustains a high level of service to them.
- Work closely with Information Systems and Infrastructure teams to ensure projects are completed accurately, on time and within budget.
- Form, build and maintain relationships with external suppliers to obtain and implement relevant technologies at competitive prices and with a high level of service.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- People Skills – Experience of managing a small IT team (including performance appraisals and discipline) and managing a helpdesk with emphasis on SLA and customer satisfaction. Able to communicate at all levels within the company and prioritise your work and that of the team to best effect.
- Project Management – Able to turn a user requirement into a project specification which can be costed, with business benefit, implemented (on time, within budget and to a satisfactory quality) and supported, to fully meet a business requirement.
- ERP – The business ERP solution is IFS. The role will include identifying and transitioning user support requirements into the IT Service team
- Technical Skills:
- The strategy is to use Microsoft products for front and back office together with applications from other vendors to meet specific business needs. We expect the job holder to
- have a broad IT knowledge
- be a strong troubleshooter / problem solver
- have a depth of knowledge and show technical leadership in a number of the following areas.
- Server Platforms: Microsoft Windows Server OS. Knowledge of Citrix an advantage.
- Desktop Platforms: Microsoft Windows Desktop OS. Knowledge of Citrix an advantage.
- Network: Design, configuration, management of LAN/WAN to include performance, security and support. Based on IP with and including remote access.
- Software Packages: IFS , MS Front Office & Back Office applications, Business Applications, Database, Anti-Virus and Backup.
Apply for this Job
If you wish to apply for this position please ensure you fit the criteria above. Please send a CV and covering letter stating why you would be an excellent candidate for the role using the form below.
Due to a high volume of applications we receive we regret that we cannot respond to everyone and may only contact you if your application is successful.
J Tomlinson is proud to be recognised as a Disability Confident Committed employer. We are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.