IT Support Technician
J Tomlinson is an established, privately-owned company with a substantial heritage and wealth of experience in delivering integrated building solutions tailored to public and private sector clients. Our extensive portfolio of services includes the provision of Construction, Refurbishment, Repairs and Maintenance, Engineering Services, Regeneration Programmes, Energy Efficiency and Renewables, and Facilities Management. We offer a totally integrated building solution.
Due to increasing works within our IT department, we are looking for a IT Support Technician in Beeston, Nottingham.
To provide 1st line IT support within agreed SLAs to J Tomlinson offices in order to maintain the efficient and effective operation of the IT and communications systems to meet business requirements
- Provide 1st line support to J Tomlinson offices.
- Assist in maintaining support ticket queues and allocating 2nd/3rd line support to the relevant team/individuals/partners.
- Assist with stock control for computer hardware, software, peripherals and consumables.
- Carry out daily system checks to ensure continuity of service.
- Support the backup of company data.
- Install corporate standard software on PCs and laptop computers and deploy to users.
- Build knowledge of the business systems and how they are used across J Tomlinson to improve the effectiveness of this service to the company.
- Helpdesk – Provide first time fix solutions to support issues to meet users requirements, within agreed SLAs. Set and manage user expectations appropriately, and ensure all 2nd/3rd line issues are escalated to the relevant team for investigation.
- Procurement – Assist in maintaining an agreed level of stock for common hardware, software, peripherals and consumables, to ensure a consistent service to the business.
- Deployment – Configure, setup and deploy standard IT hardware to business users.
- Maintenance – Assist in maintaining IT systems to ensure they operate as effectively as possible, and remain supportable by the software provider. Where appropriate, maintain the servers/environment which host IT systems.
- Infrastructure – Assist in supporting the IT infrastructure (hardware, software and network/communications) maintaining maximum availability, including the documentation of these systems.
- Policies and Procedures – Follow, and assist with the review of company procedures.
Important Working Relationships
Build and maintain excellent working relationships within the IT Group, management, users and external suppliers to ensure that service levels can be continually improved.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience Required
- Able to communicate at all levels within the company and prioritise their work to best effect.
- Excellent Customer Service Skills
- ‘Hands on’, flexible and pro-active approach and a willingness to learn.
- Positive, self-motivated team player, with good attention to detail.
- Believe in the company’s strong One Team Wheel ethos
We expect the job holder to:
- Have knowledge of and an interest in IT and desktop support.
- Have a Full UK Driving Licence
- Have the ability to work within the hours of 8am – 8pm, Mon – Sun
- Demonstrate a can-do attitude – willing to positively and confidently deal with new problems and tasks
- Must have the ability to use your own initiative and capable of managing your own work-load.
- Demonstrate an understanding of PC hardware set-up and configuration.
- Be a strong troubleshooter / problem solver
The strategy is to use Microsoft products for front and back office together with applications from other vendors to meet specific business needs.
Preferably demonstrated experience of the following in a corporate/enterprise environment would be an advantage:
- Workstation Platforms: Microsoft Windows Desktop OS, Windows 7, 10.
- Software Packages: Microsoft Office, Anti-Virus, Citrix XenDesktop and similar environments.
- Server Platforms: Microsoft Server Technologies and VMware Virtualisation.
- Networking: A basic understanding of TCP/IP networking.
Apply for this Job
If you wish to apply for this position please ensure you fit the criteria above. Please send a CV and covering letter stating why you would be an excellent candidate for the role using the form below.
Due to a high volume of applications we receive we regret that we cannot respond to everyone and may only contact you if your application is successful.
J Tomlinson is proud to be recognised as a Disability Confident Committed employer. We are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.