J Tomlinson is an established, privately-owned company with a substantial heritage and wealth of experience in delivering integrated building solutions tailored to public and private sector clients. Due to our continued success and on-going commitment to providing a world-class service to our customers, we are looking to recruit a Joiner/Finisher.
Our extensive portfolio of services includes the provision of Care, Commercial Refurbishment, Repairs and Maintenance, Engineering Services, Regeneration Programmes, Energy Efficiency and Renewables, and Facilities Management. We offer a totally integrated building solution.
|· Carry out any other ad-hoc duties within the contract at your supervisor’s/Manager’s request.
· Joinery experience with additional multi skills including; Building, plumbing, tiling, plastering and decorating
· A trade relevant qualification or a background in 3 or more trades
· To promote a safe working environment and support the companies Health and Safety Policies and procedures on site. Report any non- conformances of Health and Safety to a supervisor.
· Ensure that when working on contracts that you have the correct equipment, that you are wearing a JT corporate uniform, that you are displaying your ID badge and adhering to the site safety manual
· Ensure that you comply with the company vehicle and mobile phone and tablet procedures, and report any defective working equipment to a supervisor
· Ensure that your quality of work is always aligned to and compliant with the contract requirements, and you report any poor-quality workmanship to a supervisor, using the appropriate quality inspection form.
· To work within the allocated labour resources, plan on site and report any variation works to the site supervisor
· Liaise with the clients and keep them informed of works that may be undertaken and promote the company ethos and values always.
· Carry out any other ad-hoc duties within the contract at your supervisor’s request
· Excellent communication skills
|· Communication – To communicate clearly and effectively with a diverse range of people; tailoring style to suit the audience and promote free flowing communication.
· Team Work – Working effectively with others, as a team leader or team member, encouraging team work and supporting others.
· Results Orientation – Demonstrating a commitment to achieve results against required standards.
· Planning & Organising – Ability to think ahead, plan, prioritise and schedule activities, along with monitoring and controlling outcomes.
· Problem Solving – The ability to identify issues, obstacles and opportunities. The individual must also develop and implement effective solutions.
· Managing Change – Seeking ways to bring about improvements in the way that work is done. The individual must also accept new, innovative ways of doing tasks.
· Coaching & Development – Facilitating learning and development to improve performance, skills and behaviours.
· Impact & Influencing – The ability to persuade or influence others without coercion or force.
· Strategic Thinking – The ability to envisage and progress towards long term objectives.
· Decision Making – The ability to analyse, define and justify options, and propose appropriate decisions.
Commercial & Business Knowledge – The ability to interpret and understand business needs at individual, departmental, organisational or sector level.
|· Formal technical qualification, such as NVQ, City and Guilds within trade back ground (E)
· Must be able to demonstrate a further Skill set to support the Multi trade Role (E)
· At least 3 years’ experience within FM industry (E)
· Asbestos Awareness (E)
· CSCS Card (E)
· Full UK driving licence (E)
|Core Vales and Behaviours|
|· Being Authentic – Being open and honest and ensuring that everything is done with integrity. The individual must work within the team to solve the issue and find a solution.
· Valuing and Appreciating Everyone – The understanding that by having a diverse mix of skills, ideas and qualities, performance will be enhanced.
· Customer Plus – Satisfaction must be provided to everyone, whether that be internal or external. Customers are put first in everything that we do.
· Delivering on Our Promises – Having the ability to listen, check expectation and agree the commitment that is required, ensuring that this takes place.
· Providing a Safe and Happy Place to be – Ensuring that the environment that every individual is working in is a safe and enjoyable place to be.
· Living our Values – An individual has every right to be a value.
· Looking Forward – Identifying opportunities, threats and changes that require an action.
· Ownership – Leading by example and setting high standards of conduct and behaviour within the business.
· Successful Relationships – The ability to create and maintain successful relationships, both internally and externally.
What We Offer
In return we offer a competitive salary depending on experience and qualifications. We also offer attractive benefits that include pension, holiday purchasing scheme and life assurance.
How to Apply
To apply for this role please ensure that you fit the eligibility criteria above. Send your cv and a covering letter using the form below. We look forward to hearing from you.
Due to a high volume of applications we receive we regret that we cannot respond to each one and may only contact you if your application is successful.
J Tomlinson is proud to be recognised as a Disability Confident Committed employer. We are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.