J Tomlinson is an established, privately-owned company with a substantial heritage and wealth of experience in delivering integrated building solutions tailored to public and private sector clients. Due to our continued success and on-going commitment to providing a world-class service to our customers, we are looking to recruit a Joiner.
Our extensive portfolio of services includes the provision of Care, Commercial Refurbishment, Repairs and Maintenance, Engineering Services, Regeneration Programmes, Energy Efficiency and Renewables, and Facilities Management. We offer a totally integrated building solution.
To promote a Safe working environment and complete any works within KPI targets, within budget guidelines and to a high-quality standard.
· Discussing plans and following instructions
· Cutting and shaping timber for floorboards, doors, skirting boards and window frames
· Making and fitting wooden structures like staircases, door frames, roof timbers and partition walls
· 1st & 2nd fix installations of kitchens and bathrooms (joinery related items)
· Building temporary wooden supports to hold setting concrete in place (shuttering)
· To promote a safe working environment and support the companies Health and Safety Policies and procedures on site. Report any non- conformances of Health and Safety to a supervisor.
· Ensure that when working on contracts that you have the correct equipment, that you are wearing a JT corporate uniform, that you are displaying your ID badge and adhering to the site safety manual
· Ensure that you comply with the company vehicle and mobile phones and tablet procedures, and report any defective working equipment to a supervisor
· Ensure that your quality of work is always is aligned to and compliant with the contract requirements, and that you report any poor-quality workmanship to a manager, using the appropriate quality inspection form.
· To work within the allocated labour resource plan on site and report any variation works to the site supervisor
· Liaise with the clients and keep them informed of works that may be undertaken and promote the company ethos and values always.
· Carry out any other ad-hoc duties within the contract at your supervisor’s request.
· Good communicator
Safety – Follows safety precautions and displays safe on-the-job behaviour
Managing Conflict – report any hostility between individuals or groups when disagreements occur;
Motivating Others – Fosters energy for, and provides direction towards, organisational goals;
Planning / Organising – Coordinates and directs routine activities effectively
Communication – ability to listen to the concerns and needs of others and relay information accordingly
· Formal technical qualification, such as City and Guilds, NVQ (E)
· Must be able to demonstrate a Skill set to support the trade Role (E)
· At least 7 years’ experience within construction industry (E)
· Asbestos Awareness (E)
· CSCS Card – Supervisor (E)
· Full UK driving licence (E)
· DBS Check €
Measures of Success (Local Variation)
· KPI Management
· P&L figures
· Client feedback
· Customer satisfaction
What We Offer
In return we offer a competitive salary depending on experience and qualifications. We also offer attractive benefits that include pension, holiday purchasing scheme and life assurance.
How to Apply
To apply for this role please ensure that you fit the eligibility criteria above. Send your cv and a covering letter using the form below. We look forward to hearing from you.
Due to a high volume of applications we receive we regret that we cannot respond to each one and may only contact you if your application is successful.
J Tomlinson is proud to be recognised as a Disability Confident Committed employer. We are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.