Managing Quantity Surveyor
J Tomlinson is an established, privately-owned company with a substantial heritage and wealth of experience in delivering integrated building solutions tailored to public and private sector clients. Due to our continued success and on-going commitment to providing a world-class service to our customers, we are looking to recruit a Managing Quantity Surveyor.
Our extensive portfolio of services includes the provision of Care, Commercial Refurbishment, Repairs and Maintenance, Engineering Services, Regeneration Programmes, Energy Efficiency and Renewables, and Facilities Management. We offer a totally integrated building solution.
|Job Title||Managing Quantity Surveyor|
|Objectives / Purpose of Role|
|Commercial responsibility for a department and/or specific work stream to ultimately maximise opportunities, identify and manage risks to ensure the best possible result for the business. The Managing Quantity Surveyor would also be expected to maintain some Project Quantity Surveying duties.
This will be underpinned by a strong focus on people develop whilst promoting the core values and behaviours of the business.
|· Lead by example and demonstrate one team behaviours and values at all times. This should include internally within the business and externally with customers when promoting the brand
· Be proficient in the use of IFS and provide training for other team members as required
· People Strategy – Ensure adherence to company policies and procedures and demonstrate a strong commitment to development of the team
· Submission of commercial/financial information to an agreed timetable to allow the department to be compliant with the corporate compliance calendar
· Provide other key financial/commercial information as required to allow the departments business duties to be met i.e. cash flow information
· Provide assistance/guidance to operational/projects teams in relation to any Commercial issues
· Have an overview and advise on any key contractual issues for new tenders/contracts for projects/works streams for which the Managing Quantity Surveyor is responsible
· Focus on cash management ensuring good commercial practice is in place to maximise cash position
· Responsible for reviewing CVR’s (for the projects/work stream for which the Managing Surveyor is responsible) and ensuring accurate cost/value forecasting is in place prior to review with the Commercial Manager/Managing Director
· Be involved in agreeing the commercial strategy for projects/work streams which the Managing Quantity Surveyor is responsible
· Update the Commercial Manager/Managing Director of risks and opportunities across the projects/work streams for which the Managing Quantity Surveyor is responsible (live and complete)
Undertaken any Project Quantity Surveying duties in line with the Senior Quantity Surveyors roles and responsibilities
|Experience working for a main contractor in a similar role or a Managing Quantity Surveyor looking to take the next step in their career who can demonstrate a successful track record of Quantity Surveying and Commercial Management.|
What We Offer
In return we offer a competitive salary depending on experience and qualifications. We also offer attractive benefits that include pension and life assurance.
How to Apply
To apply for this role please ensure that you fit the eligibility criteria above. Send your cv and a covering letter using the form below. We look forward to hearing from you.
Due to a high volume of applications we receive we regret that we cannot respond to each one and may only contact you if your application is successful.
J Tomlinson is proud to be recognised as a Disability Confident Committed employer. We are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.